Menu

No Pain Tonight?

I went out with friends from my high school days tonight. Very old friends since high school was over 30 years ago! We had a good time talking and eating at a Chinese noodle and dumpling restaurant. Afterward, one of my best friends and I did a little shopping. Or I should say, she did the shopping and my daughter and I window shopped and visited some more with her. Then she and my daughter wanted to get some frozen yogurt. By this time we had been out for 4 hours and I could feel the fatigue. I warned them that I was going to be headed into pain and that we could do the yogurt as long as I had a chance to sit down and regroup. It's good to have a good friend who you can admit that to.

After they had their treat and we said good bye, my daughter and I walked to our car on the other side of the mall. I was exhausted and spent and kept expecting the pain to hit me like a Mack truck. But it didn't. I'm a tiny bit achy but not experiencing the wall of pain that I'm used to. Is this the result of getting my potassium taken care of? I can feel my muscles wanting to tense but something is stopping them from "going there". I'm (cautiously) relieved.

I keep being cautious because I've gotten my hopes up too many times over the last 20 years that I might have some genuine pain relief only to find that my reprieve only lasts a few days. You will find some threads here where I am extolling the latest remedy that has cured me only to see a few days later my disappointment that my elation was premature. In the meantime I will take this reprieve from the pain tonight.

:iagree: Also curious, what did you end up eating?

Everything! I ended up going off of the gluten free diet a couple of days ago. So I had dumplings and noodles and veggies (they had the best tasting green beans and spinach - I need to find out how they cooked them!) and fried rice and really yummy spare ribs. I didn't have my glucometer with me and I'm sure my blood sugar was trashed because of it but I felt fine. And as you can see, I had pain relief despite not being gf.

Everything! I ended up going off of the gluten free diet a couple of days ago. So I had dumplings and noodles and veggies (they had the best tasting green beans and spinach - I need to find out how they cooked them!) and fried rice and really yummy spare ribs. I didn't have my glucometer with me and I'm sure my blood sugar was trashed because of it but I felt fine. And as you can see, I had pain relief despite not being gf.

:lol::lol: That's good, I guess. I hope you this pain-free time lasts a good long while!

I keep being cautious because I've gotten my hopes up too many times over the last 20 years that I might have some genuine pain relief only to find that my reprieve only lasts a few days. You will find some threads here where I am extolling the latest remedy that has cured me only to see a few days later my disappointment that my elation was premature. In the meantime I will take this reprieve from the pain tonight.

Oh my, just run with it. I'd battle hard to not let fear in. Fear is your enemy and makes everything worse.

One scripture I repeat at times like this is "What God has done endures forever."

May this be it for you.