Menu

any last minute tips for Disney

I think the OP wrote that her mother/MIL has mobility issues. If so, I would recommend renting a scooter or wheelchair. It will help tremendously. Even if it isn't used all the time, it can be a lifesaver, especially for lines.

Our son, who has Down syndrome, has low muscle tone and cannot walk for long periods of time. He also is easily overwhelmed, sensory-wise, and may need a fast exit during performances, requiring us to be seated near an exit.

When we were at Disney (just 10 days ago), the first thing we did was visit Guest Services. We explained his physical and sensory issues, and they gave us a "guest assistance pass" and also a special sticker on his special needs stroller that allowed it to be just like a wheelchair. The Guest Assistance Pass works similar to a Fast Pass on most rides -- including the rides he wasn't able to ride due to his height. The GAP is good at all parks. It was well worth the 10-15 minutes of time spent at Guest Services.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Thank you so much for the tips!! I was actually trying to get the Norway one or 1900 Park Fare but would 'settle' for Cinderella (only because I have eaten there a million times when I was little, plus it's 2 credits). I'm going to keep calling and trying to get in. If we can't get the ones we want I'm dropping the dining plan because there's no point in doing it if we can't do one sit down a day. I really appreciate the other recommendations too, it's been a long time since we've been so it's very helpful!

Thanks! That gives me some hope. Now why can't they make their dining reservation system a little more user friendly? Are you doing it online or calling?

I'm using the online system, I like it better. What I'm doing is putting in the day and clicking breakfast and searching all the places available for breakfast. I do the same for lunch and dinner. You may have to eat at off times, but there are availabilities. But think about it this way, if you eat breakfast at 11am then that covers breakfast and lunch and you can do QS for dinner.