Menu

any last minute tips for Disney

Do you know about the Kidcot stations in Epcot? My kids have done it a couple of times and liked it.

Make sure to get fast passes to Toy Story Mania first thing in the am when you get to Hollywood Studios. They usually run out by 10am or so.

Check EasyWDW.com for the crowd calendar. It will tell you the best parks to go to for avoiding crowds. It will give you hints like the following: If you want to do say Fantasmic at HS, go to another park for the day because HS will be a zoo. Then hop over to HS an hour before Fantasmic and get seats.

We will be there next Sunday!

An always chat up a cast member, especially if you are in line waiting for a bus. They have specialized fast passes that they can give you for any ride. we had a really long wait for the bus because of a med. emergency at another hotel. It was our last day and had planed to ride toy story one last time. We knew we would not get a fast pass and the wait for it had been about an hour on other days. The Cm filled out one of their special fast passes so that when we finally got to dhs we walked right on the ride!

If you have any special needs children or anyone with special needs or disabilities, you can get a Guest Assitance Pass which can help you have shorter wait times. Check at guest services in any park.

You have to go through a bag check to enter the parks, so the fewer bags and fewer sections of the bags you have, the quicker it will go. Only the people with bags have to actually go through those lines. The other family members can go around and straight in. Have all the sections unzipped and open before you get to the security guard. They will want to look in everything, sometimes, even camera cases.

The parks get really crowded around parade times, but it can be a great time to get on the busier rides. It probably depends on how much you want to see the parades, but they can take a lot of time out of your day.

We love the fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. Lion King at Animal Kingdom is an awesome show, too.

Where are you staying? If you're on property, do you have the dining plan? Have you made all your advance dining reservations? Do you have a touring plan for each day? How old are your kids and how long are you staying?

staying at the Polynesian and we have the dining plan. We have made all sit down reservations.

No touring plan becasue my in-laws are coming along and we don't know just how much walking my MIL will be able to do and we figured if we spend all of our time walking to this ride...then half way across the park to that ride and then back to where we started for that show...it will kill her. We are thinking that we are going to go and do what we can do...we KNOW we can't do it all anyway and we want to enjoy the expereince, not be held captive to a plan. After the first day we might change our mind and make a plan for the following days, but we will see.

Our kids are 12, 10 and 8 and we are staying for one week, with a one day off park trip to Coco Beach.

staying at the Polynesian and we have the dining plan. We have made all sit down reservations.

No touring plan becasue my in-laws are coming along and we don't know just how much walking my MIL will be able to do and we figured if we spend all of our time walking to this ride...then half way across the park to that ride and then back to where we started for that show...it will kill her. We are thinking that we are going to go and do what we can do...we KNOW we can't do it all anyway and we want to enjoy the expereince, not be held captive to a plan. After the first day we might change our mind and make a plan for the following days, but we will see.

Our kids are 12, 10 and 8 and we are staying for one week, with a one day off park trip to Coco Beach.

They have wheelchair rentals available, which might be something to consider. A plan actually helps you to enjoy the experience. I thought the idea was crazy but was so glad we did some planning ahead of time.

They have wheelchair rentals available, which might be something to consider. A plan actually helps you to enjoy the experience. I thought the idea was crazy but was so glad we did some planning ahead of time.

:iagree:Things will go MUCH more smoothly with a touring plan.

www.touringplans.com

www.easywdw.com

Have your MIL rent an electric chair thingy to help her get around the park. The amount of walking you will do is beyond belief. We average anywhere between 8-13 miles per day when we're there. It is a very physical vacation...and can be a bit rough on those who aren't physically fit.

www.touringplans.com

www.easywdw.com

Have your MIL rent an electric chair thingy to help her get around the park. The amount of walking you will do is beyond belief. We average anywhere between 8-13 miles per day when we're there. It is a very physical vacation...and can be a bit rough on those who aren't physically fit.

the touring plans one cost money...is there a free site??

You can sift through Josh's plans at easy wdw, but honestly, touring plans is worth every. stinking. penny. And it's not expensive. It will save you HOURS of time in the parks.

We use the plans and we LOVE the plans. Even my family members who scoffed at first are SOLD. You will literally ride the crest of a wave all day. No lines for you...when you get off the ride...lines. We also only follow the plans until lunchtime. Then we've accomplished all the "must do" things in each park and spend the rest of the day doing whatever we want.

Not really. The Unofficial Guide to WDW book is very helpful and you can crate your own, but I don't think you have time to read it and it still isn't free.

Going to Disney without a plan is not too wise. It is overwhelming. I listened to one lady tell me that lines were up to 7 hours long so they only got to ride 3 or 4 things all day.

There have NEVER been 7 hour lines at Disney and particularly not when she went. I don't know where the miscommunication occurred but they felt that they wasted a boatload of $$ "doing nothing" when a touring plan would have saved their vacation.

Dawn

You can sift through Josh's plans at easy wdw, but honestly, touring plans is worth every. stinking. penny. And it's not expensive. It will save you HOURS of time in the parks.

We use the plans and we LOVE the plans. Even my family members who scoffed at first are SOLD. You will literally ride the crest of a wave all day. No lines for you...when you get off the ride...lines. We also only follow the plans until lunchtime. Then we've accomplished all the "must do" things in each park and spend the rest of the day doing whatever we want.

can you compare the touring plans from the "unofficial" guide and the site you quoted. Are they basically the same? Will we need a touring plan even at this time of the year??

Edited by NEprairemom

I dont' know how old your kids are but once they are 7 and tall enough, many of the rides have something called "Single rider." You get placed with someone else on the ride, but you get on fast.

We do Single Rider for Rockin' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and Test Track. We can usually get close to walking on and do it several times in a row.

http://goflorida.about.com/od/whatyouneedtoknow/a/wdw_Single-Rider-Program.htm

If you have small children, there is something call "child swap" where one person waits in line and then the spouse can get a pass to basically walk on/get in the fast pass line so that you don't have to wait twice.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/childswap.htm

Josh has great ideas and he walks you through, but you'll have to write it all down.

Len's site (touring plans.com) and his book (the unofficial guide) are an outline that you can carry with you (if you don't have a phone that can have the app on it). Len tells you where to start, what time to be there, where to go next. It's an itinerary, and it's great!! He has many to choose from, based on the age of your kiddos and your interests.

One of the best things you can do is to get to each park (at least once) at rope drop. Seriously, you will get so much done. Also, be prepared to RUN!

For example, when we go to Epcot, my dd and I take everyone's key to the world cards and as soon as we're through the turnstiles (at rope drop), we run like our pants are on fire to the Land pavilion and get fastpasses for Soarin'. Then we meet my sons and my dh over at Test Track. Ride that first (when there's no line), then ride Mission to Mars (still no line) and by then, it's almost time to use our fastpasses for Soarin', so we stop at Club Cool (be sure to try the Beverly :D), then meander back to the Land to ride Soarin'. After that, we've hit the headliner rides, so we do what we want until World Showcase opens. We start on the Mexican side of it and go ride Maelstrom in Norway (before the lines) and backtrack to the Rio ride in Mexico. Then it's off to our lunch ressie.

In Hollywood Studios, be sure you head for Toy Story Midway Mania IMMEDIATELY. No sauntering, no meandering, no stopping to look around. Grab small children by the hand and SPRINT! That ride will have a wait of up to 60 minutes within the first 20 minutes it opens. Also grab Fastpasses for a return ride. Some should still be available by the time you exit. We do a divide and conquer approach for this ride as well.

Now I have heard that the CMs now walk the crowds further into the parks than they have in the past, since small children and people who were not capable of running a 50 yard dash were getting a bit....trampled. If that's the case, still go as fast as you are permitted and get on that ride first thing. It's our favorite!!

Edited by DianeW88

I dont' know how old your kids are but once they are 7 and tall enough, many of the rides have something called "Single rider." You get placed with someone else on the ride, but you get on fast.

We do Single Rider for Rockin' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and Test Track. We can usually get close to walking on and do it several times in a row.

http://goflorida.about.com/od/whatyouneedtoknow/a/wdw_Single-Rider-Program.htm

If you have small children, there is something call "child swap" where one person waits in line and then the spouse can get a pass to basically walk on/get in the fast pass line so that you don't have to wait twice.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/childswap.htm

:iagree: Yep, single rider lines are great!! And we did the childswap all the time when our kiddos were too short to ride things.

and this is all true for even this time of year...are the crowds REALLY that crazy?? We are already choosing parks on days that are suppose to have low crowds. I am not trying to fight your idea...we just don't want to spend time criss crossing the parks...it sort of seems counter productive. UGH.....I don't know what to say.

If you want to maximize your time get there early. All but Magic Kingdom are doing a trickle in opening instead of rope drop or they were last month. Hollywood Studios officially opened at nine but they started letting people in 15 minutes early. We were able to ride Toy Story Mania and get in line for our second time before 9am.

Well, Disney is never NOT crowded. It's just that instead of over 60,000 people in the parks, there may be 30,000. That's still plenty of people and it still guarantees lines. The lines for Toy Story Midway Mania may not be 210 minutes (as they were last Christmas week, my friend took a photo of the wait time and I about fell over), but they can easily be between 60 and 80 minutes. There is no reason for you to wait longer than 10 minutes to get on a ride. And you won't...if you use a touring plan.

You are going at the end of October, right? Halloween? It's more crowded than it would be in the second week of November. Plus, Food & Wine is still going on, and you will have extra people there for that, too. Not to mention, this October is the 30th anniversary of Epcot....special events for this celebration will also add to the crowds.

So, don't think that when WDW is less crowded that it isn't really crowded. It is....it's just more manageable than Christmas week or the middle of July.

so did you follow the one in the book completely...or did you tweak it for your family? How did you decide? This is our first trip as a family (the last time my husband and I were there was 15 years ago without kids) and we can't afford to go again. So we want the trip to be both fun and productive...we don't want to wait in line...but we don't want to be running all over the place either...

Find out upon entry where characters will be for signing. Get autograph books ahead of time and bring Sharpie marker for easier writing by characters.

I bought a small pad for the characters to write on. I will tear the page and put with the photos in an album.

Use fast passes.

Know what your priority rides are and get them done.

You can bring food and drink in in backpacks. You can bring small cups and share large drinks.

Download the Disney app -- it's free and gives you wait times for rides.

I would get the wheelchair if mobility for your inlaws might be an issue. There is a LOT of walking and it will make it much more pleasant with the wheelchair.

We went with Make A Wish and while my girls are ambulatory they do tire faster that kids their ages so we got one wheelchair and they took turns with it. It was also great to hang a backpack with water, etc. on the back of it and not have to carry that all over.

Have you read any WDW guides? If not, download "The Unofficial Guide" asap and read as much as possible. It will answer all your questions and give you lots of great tips. Disney is NOT like your ordinary vacation....it's more like orchestrating the landing at D-Day. :lol: And I only wish I were kidding. :glare:

Having said that....we LOVE going there. Love it!! My family has never had so much fun and made so many great memories together. And once you've been there, you'll know what to do the next time you go. And once you've been bitten by the Disney bug...you'll be back!! :D

Well, here are some things to consider.

We are long time Disney fanatics. We used to live 45 min. from Disneyland and had Annual Passes every single year. We would pop down for an afternoon.

Now that we live NOT as close (9 hour drive) from WDW, we go and stay for at least a week (this year 2 weeks but we have 8 day hopper with water parks and more passes through the YES program).

We have NEVER done the touring plans, BUT, part of this is because we know the parks pretty well by now and have our own plan off attack.

It will NOT be crazy busy this upcoming week. Are you only there for one week? The 2nd week of November is the week I will be there (and the week before) and the 2nd week of Nov. is "Jersey Week" meaning that NJ is out of school part of the week and half the state comes to Florida for vacation! :lol: It still won't be as bad as Christmas or Spring Break. Crowd levels will be 6 and not 9 or 10.

If I were in your shoes......I would see what rides are the BUSIEST and plan fast passes accordingly. As I mentioned, Toy Story Mania is crazy busy and getting a fast pass at opening is a must. There is no other ride as busy, so no need to get too worked up.

This is what we do:

Epcot: Get there at 9am (the World opens at 11, so do the front part of the park first.) We do Test Track first, then head over to Mission: Space. If you want to do TT again, get a FP as you get off the ride and save it.

We then go through Innoventions and back over to the Living with the Seas. You can either get a FP for Soarin' before the Seas (if you didn't get one for TT earlier) or you can do as we normally do and do the Seas first, then head over to Living with the Land, get a FP for Soarin', do the Land ride, sit and have a snack or lunch in the Land while you wait for your Soarin' pass to work.

Another HUGE HINT: Your fast pass is good ANY TIME after the beginning time.....so if it says 2:30-3:30, just know you can get there at 5:00 and it will still work!

The above are things you learn after you have done the parks often OR after you have paid for a touring plan. There are lots more, but that is just a sample of what you can learn in a touring plan.

Dawn

and this is all true for even this time of year...are the crowds REALLY that crazy?? We are already choosing parks on days that are suppose to have low crowds. I am not trying to fight your idea...we just don't want to spend time criss crossing the parks...it sort of seems counter productive. UGH.....I don't know what to say.

Another HUGE HINT: Your fast pass is good ANY TIME after the beginning time.....so if it says 2:30-3:30, just know you can get there at 5:00 and it will still work!

Dawn

Unfortunately, this isn't true any more. We heard the rumor that they were cracking down on this and we tested it last month. They ARE actually looking at the times. :(

Hey, Dawn, they just changed the Fastpass rules recently. They are now enforcing the times on the Fastpass. Supposedly you have a 15 minute grace period, but some people have said that some CMs are being stinky about it.

It's not been a popular policy change. :glare:

Here are a couple articles talking about it and the new RFID system with Fastpass reservations they're testing:

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/03/one-hour-fastpass-return-time-window-now-enforced-at-walt-disney-world-leading-to-new-ride-reservation-system/

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/05/walt-disney-world-tests-the-fastpass-of-the-future-offering-rfid-enabled-ride-access-and-advance-reservations/

Edited by DianeW88

So many good hints here. Mine? Sign up early to take a DVC tour. It is quick and painless. AND, there is always a perk for doing it. We did it last month and we got a card that had 6 fast passes for each of us for RIGHT NOW. So, if you wanted to ride a ride NOW, you could! My sis did the tour last year and got $200!!

They pick you up. They entertain your kids. They give you ice cream. They drive you to whatever park you want to go to. It's worth it!!!

Hey, Dawn, they just changed the Fastpass rules recently. They are now enforcing the times on the Fastpass. Supposedly you have a 15 minute grace period, but some people have said that some CMs are being stinky about it.

It's not been a popular policy change. :glare:

Ugh. We met one of those stinky CMs. We had a party of 9. My ds got us fast passes for a ride. Some of us had 1:30 - 2:30. Two of us got 1:35 - 2:35. We tried to ride the ride at 1:30. No go. We had to wait until 1:35. Grrrrrrr . . .

So many good hints here. Mine? Sign up early to take a DVC tour. It is quick and painless. AND, there is always a perk for doing it. We did it last month and we got a card that had 6 fast passes for each of us for RIGHT NOW. So, if you wanted to ride a ride NOW, you could! My sis did the tour last year and got $200!!

They pick you up. They entertain your kids. They give you ice cream. They drive you to whatever park you want to go to. It's worth it!!!

:iagree: But watch out!! You'll soon be sold on DVC. We're hoping to buy into it soon (although on the resale market...Disney's prices are outrageous!).

:iagree: But watch out!! You'll soon be sold on DVC. We're hoping to buy into it soon (although on the resale market...Disney's prices are outrageous!).

So true. BUT, the sales lady we met agreed with us that the way we do Disney didn't make sense to buy, yet. We always travel during free dining. And, we travel with family, so we officially put one of our kids with the family. So we stay in a regular room. After the kids move out of the house, we will consider it.

Test Track is currently under renovation (or at least it was 2 weeks ago). They are very strict about fast pass times now, especially for toy story mania. If it says 2:30-3:30 and you arrive at 3:32 you will not get on. Make sure to take the time for a glass of wine in France in Epcot. If you have the ability to get off Disney property for a break, do it. One can start to feel very "Disney" if you don't ever see anything else. I love Disney but I also appreciate a break into the more real world on our trips. Definitely have your MIL rent a motor scooter for mobility, plus her front basket can carry items for you so you don't have to carry everything all day. Parades will take a huge chunk of time out of your day but one may be worth it for the experience (just not the one at Hollywood Studios). Have a great time!

Well, carp! I didn't know about the changes in FP times. So, we can stick with our Soarin' plan of getting a FP (usually an hour out) and go on the Land and eat and then go on Soarin' but the others may not work.

Honestly, we typically only use FP for TSM (and Soarin' as above) as it is so busy. Otherwise we do Single Rider if we can (since we are all over 7 and tall enough) or get there first.

I have gotten FP for Space Mountain, but again, they are typically (during non-busy season) and hour out. So, we get a FP, then go on the people mover, maybe Buzz Lightyear, and Carousel of Progress, and then head over to use our FP with SM.

Well, carp! I didn't know about the changes in FP times. So, we can stick with our Soarin' plan of getting a FP (usually an hour out) and go on the Land and eat and then go on Soarin' but the others may not work.

Honestly, we typically only use FP for TSM (and Soarin' as above) as it is so busy. Otherwise we do Single Rider if we can (since we are all over 7 and tall enough) or get there first.

I have gotten FP for Space Mountain, but again, they are typically (during non-busy season) and hour out. So, we get a FP, then go on the people mover, maybe Buzz Lightyear, and Carousel of Progress, and then head over to use our FP with SM.

Yep. This is a classic example where a touring plan makes sense. You know which rides to get a fast pass for FIRST and what to do while you wait for your time. This is what we do too!!!! (But, honestly, many times when we go, the wait times for the most popular rides are SOOOOO short!!! My kids will ride and then go do everything else in that area, and then go back for the fastpass time!!!)

I found this list to be helpful in formulating a 'loose' plan, Kate's best times chart:

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?129-5-Sticky-EasyWDW-Attraction-Information-amp-Kate-s-Best-Times-Chart

It's hard to get up early when you're on vacation, but sooooo worth it to get there approximately 15 minutes before the park officially opens (they always open early). You can get so much done without rushing around or criss-crossing the park if you get there early. The first 2 hours a park is open is prime touring time, and after that the crowds roll in.

Use Fastpass.

Don't use a snack credit for bottled water. Ice water in a cup is free everywhere.

Or you could head over to Club Cool and get everyone a nice, cold refreshing cup of Beverly. :D :D :D

The videos on youtube are HYSTERICAL!! Beverly...the drink that brings teenage boys to their knees. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNua59HzzqM&feature=related

Edited by DianeW88

www.touringplans.com

www.easywdw.com

Thank you SO much for these links! I just went ahead and paid for the touring plans, and I can tell it will pay for itself! Lucky us we are going the one week in November where the crowds are 1s and 2s so hopefully pairing that with a plan and we can get everything done we want to.

Does anyone have any tips on dining reservations? This is kind of a last minute trip because we had to schedule it around the Navy and all the places we want to eat (aside from the Disney Junior character meal) looks booked online. Can I call, do they have any better access to anything? We want to do one princess meal (doesn't matter which one or when) and one breakfast buffet (Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace). I know a lot of people book their dining 180 days in advance, but for us that's never going to be a possibility :(

Thank you SO much for these links! I just went ahead and paid for the touring plans, and I can tell it will pay for itself! Lucky us we are going the one week in November where the crowds are 1s and 2s so hopefully pairing that with a plan and we can get everything done we want to.

Does anyone have any tips on dining reservations? This is kind of a last minute trip because we had to schedule it around the Navy and all the places we want to eat (aside from the Disney Junior character meal) looks booked online. Can I call, do they have any better access to anything? We want to do one princess meal (doesn't matter which one or when) and one breakfast buffet (Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace). I know a lot of people book their dining 180 days in advance, but for us that's never going to be a possibility :(

For the princesses, you might try Akershus in the Norway Pavilion. It's generally MUCH easier to get a reservation there than Cinderella's Royal Tower...or whatever they call the castle one.

I LOVE breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Love it! The food is great and the Winnie the Pooh characters are fun as well. Plus, you can make an early reservation and be at the end of Main St. for rope drop.

Another fun buffet for dinner (and my favorite character buffet of all time) is at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. Cinderella and Prince Charming are there...but they're not the best part. The best part is Cinderella's stepmother and her two stepsisters. Anastasia and Drusilla are hysterically funny!! Plus, the cold strawberry soup at the buffet is darn yummy.

For other sit down reservations, I would go to Kona at the Polynesian (for breakfast...my favorite on the Disney property), Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge (great buffet) or Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (character buffet). You could also try Yak & Yeti for a table service restaurant in AK. In Magic Kingdom, our favorite table service for lunch is Liberty Tree Tavern. The Plaza is also great. These restaurants shouldn't be too hard to reserve at the last minute...if you're not super picky about what time you eat.

Undercover Tourist on your smartphone is a must.

We have annual passes, and our game plan is always the same:

1. Epcot - arrive at rope drop, go immediately to Soarin' and grab a fast pass. Test track is closed until the middle of November, but we usually hit that ride as soon as we get the fast passes for Soarin'. Then off to Mission Space to ride. After that, it's Universe of Energy, followed by Spaceship Earth.

World Showcase - be sure to buy passports for your kids before you explore the World Showcase. It's a lot of fun for the kids to get their passports stamped, and some of the Kidcot Cast Members will have a lot of fun in signing it.

We did the Agent P's Adventure the last time we went, and that was fun for about two countries. It really forces you to look at the stuff around you. :)

2. Animal Kingdom - if you have coaster-lovin' kids, Expedition Everest is a must. The physics behind that coaster is pretty interesting too. :) The safari adventure was pretty neat as well. Of the four parks, this one is one that we haven't spent a lot of time at. They do have some kidcot-type activities throughout the park.

3. Magic Kingdom - it is what it is. :) Since my boys have been spoiled by going to this park many times, they no longer enjoy going to Magic Kingdom. :( Sorry I can't really give you any tips for this park.

4. Hollywood Studios - get there at rope drop. If you will be participating in the Jedi Training Academy, you will have to split up to make this work. While one stays with the kids in line to sign up for the training, have your Dh go to Toy Story Mania for the fast pass. After sign up, go to Star Tours. We usually ride it two times before it's time to go to Toy Story. One tip about Star Tours - every time my boys have gone out of their way to talk to the Cast members, one of them ends up being the 'rebel spy'. They've learned this trick and manipulated it well. ;)

ALL of the live action shows, AND the backstage tour are worth the wait. Plan your day around the show times.

I don't recall the ages of your children, however, we sign our kids up for the Pirate Adventure a few times throughout the year, and it's always a blast. Dh and I go grab some coffee, while the kids are off digging up treasure and having a great time.

Sunblock. This can not be stressed enough. Apply it several times throughout the day. Buy/bring a cheap rain poncho. They're $7 in the park if you need one.

Comfortable shoes. You will walk everywhere. There is no relief from the standing/walking.

If you can, try to get reservations to Chef Mickey's. It's pricey, but worth it. They're usually booked up months in advance, but it doesn't hurt to ask. The absolute BEST food (reasonably priced), IMO, is at the Sci-Fi Dining Theater, or Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios.

Have fun! :)

Just keep checking. I am in the process of checking once if not twice a day to tweak my ADRs. Yesterday I was able to move Whisphering Canon to breakfast instead of lunch and today I was able to move Cape May up 30 minutes.

I am still trying to get Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare moved a little later, and Mary Poppins breakfast nd the Princess Breakfast in Norway up a little earlier.

Just keep checking, I check up until my 24 hour cancelation window because as it gets closer and people finalize plans they will start canceling ADRsvthey won't use.

For the princesses, you might try Akershus in the Norway Pavilion. It's generally MUCH easier to get a reservation there than Cinderella's Royal Tower...or whatever they call the castle one.

I LOVE breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Love it! The food is great and the Winnie the Pooh characters are fun as well. Plus, you can make an early reservation and be at the end of Main St. for rope drop.

Another fun buffet for dinner (and my favorite character buffet of all time) is at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. Cinderella and Prince Charming are there...but they're not the best part. The best part is Cinderella's stepmother and her two stepsisters. Anastasia and Drusilla are hysterically funny!! Plus, the cold strawberry soup at the buffet is darn yummy.

For other sit down reservations, I would go to Kona at the Polynesian (for breakfast...my favorite on the Disney property), Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge (great buffet) or Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (character buffet). You could also try Yak & Yeti for a table service restaurant in AK. In Magic Kingdom, our favorite table service for lunch is Liberty Tree Tavern. The Plaza is also great. These restaurants shouldn't be too hard to reserve at the last minute...if you're not super picky about what time you eat.

Thank you so much for the tips!! I was actually trying to get the Norway one or 1900 Park Fare but would 'settle' for Cinderella (only because I have eaten there a million times when I was little, plus it's 2 credits). I'm going to keep calling and trying to get in. If we can't get the ones we want I'm dropping the dining plan because there's no point in doing it if we can't do one sit down a day. I really appreciate the other recommendations too, it's been a long time since we've been so it's very helpful!

Just keep checking. I am in the process of checking once if not twice a day to tweak my ADRs. Yesterday I was able to move Whisphering Canon to breakfast instead of lunch and today I was able to move Cape May up 30 minutes.

I am still trying to get Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare moved a little later, and Mary Poppins breakfast nd the Princess Breakfast in Norway up a little earlier.

Just keep checking, I check up until my 24 hour cancelation window because as it gets closer and people finalize plans they will start canceling ADRsvthey won't use.

Thanks! That gives me some hope. Now why can't they make their dining reservation system a little more user friendly? Are you doing it online or calling?

Are you offering to others too? :bigear: We leave next week!~

My husband used to work for Disney too, but he worked in the Corporate Tax department.....not nearly as fun!

But I miss Employee freebies!

I keep trying to get him to find a local job here in NC at ESPN so we can at least do free Disney again! ;)

Dawn

My dh works at Disney. Let me know if you will be at Hollywood studios and want to see Indiana Jones or the Lights, Motors, Action shows. He can get you VIP seating.:DPm me if you want.:001_smile:

An always chat up a cast member, especially if you are in line waiting for a bus. They have specialized fast passes that they can give you for any ride. we had a really long wait for the bus because of a med. emergency at another hotel. It was our last day and had planed to ride toy story one last time. We knew we would not get a fast pass and the wait for it had been about an hour on other days. The Cm filled out one of their special fast passes so that when we finally got to dhs we walked right on the ride!

:iagree: Great advice! We've been SO hooked up by nice cast members just for being friendly. They are great!

We all loved the drawing class at HS. Obscure but super fun and the artist was hilarious.

The Magicians Apprentice at MK was the hit of our last trip. Get cards for everyone - not just interested kids. The cards are free - and collectible / tradable.

Take ear plugs and Motrin. I also pack food daily and waterbottles. We use the Crystal Light True drink packs in case the water tastes gross. Works perfectly.

Disney iced coffee is really yummy.

Have fun!!!!