Menu

Merry Thrifty Christmas!

that is fabulous! i must start looking; new in the box would be just about perfect!!!

fwiw,

ann

They still have the price stickers from the original store one chip dip set was originally $15.99 from Target and another was from Herbergers $9.99 for each plate! I want to keep the Pfaltzgraff Christmas Heritage set for myself......

Guest inoubliable

Nice deal!!

We've been using the local thrift stores for almost every shopping need for years now. I think most of the town has caught on now, though. There seems to be less and less available. Lots of just junky stuff for a few months so we've had to rely more and more on Amazon. I'll keep an eye on the thrift stores for holiday gifts, but really I'm not optimistic about finding the things I NEED - like sweaters and jeans for DS4. I think we're going to go with handmade gifts like the last several years.

Last year I stocked up at Halloween time on costumes and accessories and then gave the kids a combined dress-up box as a present. They LOVED it. I already have a book from the thrift store for hubby this year, and horse-riding stuff for dd (larger, in a "when you fit this you can start riding if we can find a way" sort of present). There's also a bag full of toy tools for ds that were supposed to be for his birthday but I can't find them, lol.

The nice one is a little pricey but I like to go on their 1/2 price sale days, plus there's always one color of tag that's 1/2 off and super sales on Mondays.

I thrift store shop usually first before paying retail. We are blessed to have 2 thrift stores here in town and a few just right outside of town I haven't been to yet.

My most recent Christmas scores for this year were

• Toddler boxing gloves -$2.99 (like new!)
  • Halloween costumes- $1.00-$6.00 each
  • Adult 2 piece flannel Jammie's -$2.00 (excellent condition)
  • Girls robes -$2.00 each (like new!)
  • Briefcase -$4 (excellent condition) Perfect for dd7's scrapbooking kit I'm putting together for her
  • Cabbage Patch mini doll Play sets -$0.99 each, I snagged the 2 they had. (Excellent condition! Had all the pieces) everyone thought they were just lunch boxes. I went on my instinct!
  • Kmart brand "duplo Legos" in a barrel -$0.99 (all 500 pieces in excellent shape) Totboy is gonna love his "own" Legos!
  • Rescue Hero figures - $0.50 each (I snagged 6 full size figures along with 2 rescue hero animals and 3 vehicles for them!)
  • Little People singing school bus - $0.99 (like new!)
  • Little People singing farm - $2.99 (excellent condition)

These deals have literally changed my lists for the kids. I can still get them want they wanted and even more things they have asked for in the past months but I couldn't afford them retail.

Edited by mamaofblessings