Menu

Silly question that's been asked before, but what does everyone's Avatar mean?

There are some new members, and some that have been around a while. So, when I see someone post a question and see their Avatar, or a new one, I'm always curious what that represents. For instance, Plaid Dad's has changed, and Spy Car (Bill), I've always wondered what your Avatar means?

I'm curious, but not trying to be nosy, either.

I'll start. Mary Cassatt--French Impressionists; picture: "Sur la Plage" (On the Beach). I've thought about changing this, but haven't come up with anything particularly striking yet. Classic art---what can I say?

Anyone else?? If people don't mind answering, why did you choose your Avatar? Thanks for any responses!

Guest Virginia Dawn

Mine is my alter ego too. I googled "picture of girl with book." This popped up along with various paintings. She just struck me as a child of the 70's, just like me. I am very fond of my avatar. She doesn't have a care in the world. It would grieve me to get rid of her.

Mine is just my pic, because I acutally love seeing people's faces with their posts. My silly picture is my profile pic, which is my face photoshopped by Crissy into a Seagal cheerleading body!! I am a huge Seahawks fan. And, I am soooo not a cheerleader!

I wanted a Judo Rabbit (I am the poster formerly known as threelops-as in 3 lop eared rabbits), but can you believe I couldn't find one :lol:? So I settled for this Karate Guinea Pig. He looks about as scary doing karate as I do when I do Judo :001_huh:.

My avatar has become a bit of a "signature" over at my blog. It's a picture of this GIANT FROG HEAD that sat in the backyard of the house we rented last year before we bought this new place. I fixated on this bizarre frog head for quite a while during the early days of my blog, particularly when the well pump broke and we had to have it replaced and workmen showed up and had to move the GIANT FROG HEAD around, and it sort of became a "thing." So, I use it as my avatar.

When we bought our new house, we couldn't take the GIANT FROG HEAD along with us. So I ended up buying a new one. Not as big, but definitely a fixture in the yard. :)

There are some new members, and some that have been around a while. So, when I see someone post a question and see their Avatar, or a new one, I'm always curious what that represents. For instance, Plaid Dad's has changed, and Spy Car (Bill), I've always wondered what your Avatar means?

I'll start. Mary Cassatt--French Impressionists; picture: "Sur la Plage" (On the Beach). I've thought about changing this, but haven't come up with anything particularly striking yet. Classic art---what can I say?

Anyone else?? If people don't mind answering, why did you choose your Avatar? Thanks for any responses!

Since mine is new and vague, I will explain. This is my third attempt at oil painting. My rendition of archangel Raphel. I love the simplicity and colors.

Jet

I love flip-flops. I wear them everyday. I wear them in the rain, I would wear them on a plane. I would wear them in the cold, I would wear them new or old.

Apparently, I am channeling my inner Seuss today! :D

LOL!

I can't wear them, don't you see?

They just feel so weird to me.

That awful "thing" between your toes

Is the root of all my woes!!!

Guest Katia

Mine is also my alter ego: Natsuki Krueger, the head-mistress at Guarderobe, the academy for girls interested in becoming Otome on my favorite anime Mai Otome. She is beautiful, calm, cool, collected, makes perfect decisions for her school and students and when she materialises she kicks bu**!!!

Alas, aside from the fact that I run our school, there the similarities between us end. But, in my dreams..........

I am not a ribbon person. I don't wear them, don't have them on my car...etc. That's not to say that we don't support various charities, I just always thought that there were too many ribbons, that it was beginning to get confusing. ;)

Well, then our youngest was diagnosed with Autism and I found out just how many children are on the Autistic spectrum. I also found out just how little is being done to help them. And so, I am now a card carrying, ribbon wearing mom of an Autistic child.

However, I am about ready to change my avatar. I've checked into the avatars that are somewhat cartoonish like some of the other board members have. I just don't take good pictures, so a jouney into the imagination is much better than a really bad picture! LOL!

I think I've come pretty close to what I look like (if I were a cartoon).

Mine is a painting by John William Waterhouse called Miranda, The Temptest, which is a scene from Shakespeare's play, The Temptest.

You can see a better picture of it here...

http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com/pictures/miranda-the-tempest-1916.html

I saw a cheap print of this painting once when I was out shopping long ago...and have always just liked it.

Um, mine is just my youngest.

I like to change mine frequently. Sorry. I know that messes with some folks. But, I have 6 kids, I gotta share the love hehe Or else put up a pic of myself...and I don't dig that idea so much. The ever growing pg belly was one thing..but..me? My face? eh, no

Mine is a photo I found on the web of a funny sign. The sign says:

Caution

This sign has sharp edges

Do not touch the edges of this sign

Also, the bridge is out ahead

The bridge being out part is in very small print. LOL. It gave me a chuckle. I think it makes the world a better place to know that there are signmakers out there with a sense of humor! ;)

Spy Car (Bill), I've always wondered what your Avatar means?

What, you didn't grow up with Spy vs Spy? :D

Mine is a hold over from a MINI Cooper forum I've belonged to for many years.

Please excuse a (hopefully) cute story from today.

Spylet (William) and I were working outside today, and he turns to me and says: Hey Dad!

Now the just turned 4 year-old William has never called me "Dad" before (not that I mind...but it is new), so I say: "What did you call me?"

He says: Daddy?

I say no, Bill?

No. Spy Car?

I bust up :tongue_smilie:

Bill

My avatar has become a bit of a "signature" over at my blog. It's a picture of this GIANT FROG HEAD that sat in the backyard of the house we rented last year before we bought this new place. I fixated on this bizarre frog head for quite a while during the early days of my blog, particularly when the well pump broke and we had to have it replaced and workmen showed up and had to move the GIANT FROG HEAD around, and it sort of became a "thing." So, I use it as my avatar.

When we bought our new house, we couldn't take the GIANT FROG HEAD along with us. So I ended up buying a new one. Not as big, but definitely a fixture in the yard. :)

I love your blog, you don't post nearly enough.

Mine is just my horses, I switch it all the time. They all want a turn. My pic of me in on my profile.

Mine is a picture of my (almost) 5 year old Charlie.

What, you didn't grow up with Spy vs Spy? :D

Mine is a hold over from a MINI Cooper forum I've belonged to for many years.

Please excuse a (hopefully) cute story from today.

Spylet (William) and I were working outside today, and he turns to me and says: Hey Dad!

Now the just turned 4 year-old William has never called me "Dad" before (not that I mind...but it is new), so I say: "What did you call me?"

He says: Daddy?

No. Spy Car?

I bust up :tongue_smilie:

Bill

My 11 yo son loves your avatar--Spy vs Spy is one of his favorite xbox games. He always runs over to see what you have to say. :)

Mine is not nearly so interesting, and someday (perhaps) I'll get brave enough to post a picture of myself, if I can find one! I'm the family photographer, but for some reason I can rarely find a decent picture of myself that I like! SpyCar, I love your Avatar, but I honestly don't remember Spy v. Spy! I do remember Get Smart, though, so I loved the recent movie with Steve Carell. I knew Plaid Dad's was a saint (obviously), but I didn't know which one. Erek's Mom, your kids are beautiful!

My profile picture is of our three girls from several years ago, while we were on a trip to Florida. Unfortunately, I'm clueless as to how to get the picture to upload here. Sorry!

I just changed mine from a beautiful photo of a creek in the Cherokee National Forest to a not so beautiful photo of myself sitting on a rock in said creek.

I too like seeing people's faces when I post, so I thought it only fair to give the same of myself.

How do you manage to be a part-time lawyer? My dh is a lawyer and it seems like the profession can become all-consuming. He's managed to pare things down considerably, but still works quite a bit. More power to you, girl!

Mrs. Mungo, I like your Avatar, too! What is your favorite beverage, though? I can't tell from the photo!

Mine is a painting I did for my mom. The 4 eggs represent the number of children she had. There is a piece of yarn in it because she loves knitting, a button because she likes to sew, and a piece of cloth for quilting.

I have the same interests, but only 2 kids, so it somewhat represents me also.

Mine is me. But since I cannot take the shock of seeing my full mug up there everytime I post, I just have elements of my face. It is less jarring that way. Trust me, you don't want to see the whole face put together. It is better this way.

I wish I knew who told you that you are ugly. I'd drive to where they are and kick them in the shins, both shins, with my pointy-toed Sunday shoes. Shame on them. You should never have been led to believe such nonsense. I'm sorry whoever it was passed their own pain on to you for you to bear.

And you mustn't even THINK such things around your girls. They look just like you, and they are beautiful. Just beautiful. I don't know how in the world you can see yourself reflected in those faces and say the things you say about yourself. It boggles the mind.

[Off to put on my pointy-toed shoes...]