Menu

Colored Pencils - Watercolor

My 12 year old is wanting some colored pencils for Christmas. I have some watercolor pencils that I picked up at Wal-mart. She is really enjoying those, but she would like something nicer and with more colors. Does anyone have any favorites that they recommend?

I am torn between smaller kit (12-24) and better quality or larger kit (36+) and student quality instead of artist quality? Ideally I would like to get her both, but I would like to keep the price between $30-$40.

Janet

We have a set of Caran d'Ache Prismalo watercolor pencils and also a set of Derwent (I am pretty sure that is the brand but I can't find it at the moment; one of the kids must have it somewhere) and possibly a third box but it's not in the art cabinet.

I bought the Derwents too many years ago to recall the cost. I don't know about the Caran d'Ache price as the set was a gift.

My 12 year old is wanting some colored pencils for Christmas. I have some watercolor pencils that I picked up at Wal-mart. She is really enjoying those, but she would like something nicer and with more colors. Does anyone have any favorites that they recommend?

I am torn between smaller kit (12-24) and better quality or larger kit (36+) and student quality instead of artist quality? Ideally I would like to get her both, but I would like to keep the price between $30-$40.

Janet

Get on Michael's mailing list. They send out 50% off coupons and they can be used on name brand art supplies like Prismacolor. :)

One of my DD (8) LOVES watercolor pencils too.