Menu

PSAT frustration and worry going forward - SS#

Ds, a junior, is no longer homeschooled but in a small public math/science charter. At 11:00 this morning, I received a text from him stating that "this year ss# is reauired - what is mine? otherwise mr. so-and-so has to go through our student files to find it."

Ugh. I have NO idea WHO is requiring this - the school itself? I sent it to him, but it is worrisome to me because I have always heard that one should either ALWAYS or NEVER put SS# on things done with the college board so as to avoid confusion down the road. Well, ds already has two AP scores and an SAT score with the College Board without a SS # attached to them. I had to give it to him, but I really didn't want to. :tongue_smilie: Do you think this is going to cause us problems down the road? I find it hard to believe it was required by the CB itself. Sigh.

Ds, a junior, is no longer homeschooled but in a small public math/science charter. At 11:00 this morning, I received a text from him stating that "this year ss# is reauired - what is mine? otherwise mr. so-and-so has to go through our student files to find it."

Ugh. I have NO idea WHO is requiring this - the school itself? I sent it to him, but it is worrisome to me because I have always heard that one should either ALWAYS or NEVER put SS# on things done with the college board so as to avoid confusion down the road. Well, ds already has two AP scores and an SAT score with the College Board without a SS # attached to them. I had to give it to him, but I really didn't want to. :tongue_smilie: Do you think this is going to cause us problems down the road? I find it hard to believe it was required by the CB itself. Sigh.

2012 Supervisor's Manual page 9 (part of the directions for the proctor to read aloud).

In Section 5, fill in the circle for Social Security

Number and enter your 9-digit Social Security

number, starting with the first column to the

left. If you do not have a Social Security number,

cannot remember it, or do not wish to give it,

leave this section blank. Do not enter any number

other than your Social Security number. . . .

Are there any questions?

So there ought not be an issue with College Board.

(Could someone tell me again why every group I've done homeschool testing with works so hard to dot the i's and cross the t's?)

2012 Supervisor's Manual page 9 (part of the directions for the proctor to read aloud).

In Section 5, fill in the circle for Social Security

Number and enter your 9-digit Social Security

number, starting with the first column to the

left. If you do not have a Social Security number,

cannot remember it, or do not wish to give it,

leave this section blank. Do not enter any number

other than your Social Security number. . . .

Are there any questions?

So there ought not be an issue with College Board.

(Could someone tell me again why every group I've done homeschool testing with works so hard to dot the i's and cross the t's?)

I think it must have been for ds's school's benefit that they used SS#s this year. He contacted me from school texting me that he needed the number, so I gave it to him.