Menu

Odd question? Would you take your kids to the World Series? Safety?

Ok, we're not big sports fans, but my daughter has been eager to go to a game at Comerica Park. If the Tigers make it to the series (looking good!), games 3, 4, 5 will be held here. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Kids are 8 and 11. Actually, I doubt 8 yr. old will want to go. So, 11 yr. old and me. I figure if I take her to a WS game, I'll never have to go to another game, lol.

I'm really only concerned about safety. Not Detroit safety, but stadium and post-game rowdiness (1984 WS in Detroit was bad!).

Do you go to major games? Any thoughts? Am I just being wimpy?

No. I think you should stay home and give the tickets to me!!!

Actually, dh and I went to game one of the world series in Detroit in 2006. We took our infant daughter with us. It was a blast! The crowd was incredible. No issues with safety at all.

If the Tigers get in we are going again!! This time without the kids!

I'm not a sports person but DS13 eats, sleeps and breathes baseball. If it were the Phillies and the tickets weren't outrageous, he and DH would go in a heartbeat and I wouldn't worry (much). You; however, couldn't pay me to go. Not even with a basket full of kittens and puppies. :tongue_smilie:

DH has been to many World Series games and never had any trouble whatsoever with safety. Just use good old common sense.

We have the kiddos wear a neon bandanna around their neck to help see them in a crowd. They can also take it off and wave it in the air if we get separated. That's only happened once, and it was easy to find them.

We have the kiddos wear a neon bandanna around their neck to help see them in a crowd. They can also take it off and wave it in the air if we get separated. That's only happened once, and it was easy to find them.

That is such a great idea!

I would totally take my kids to the World Series! Ds17 himjself (and a precious young lady!) to the Cardinals' playoff game tonight. Too bad on the rain delay. We were winning 3-1 before the delay! Can't wait for them to get the game restarted and finish on top!