Menu

Odd Issue with the Board -- anyone else have this???

In two different posts, by two different people, I've had one word show up in my browser as an underlined hyper-linked ad.

ETA -- UPDATE!! --- thanks to a suggestion in the thread, I checked my Google Chrome Extensions and found one that was causing this to happen. I removed it and all is well! Thanks!!

Not something the person has created as a link, at all, just random links to ads that are linking onto words in the post.

In one it was the word "strong" and linked to a body building ad. In another it was the word chocolate; I didn't hover over that one to see what it was.

Is this the new form of pop-up ads??? Or is something going on with the board?

ETA: As soon as I posted, two words in this post changed to links. Is anyone else seeing this, or do I need to scan my computer and see what's going on??

Edited by TheReader

If you're using Chrome, check your extensions. I had that problem until I realized they had an automatic extension enabled called "I Want This." I disabled and removed and I didn't have any more problems.

You should double check and make sure your computer is virus/malware free as well.

If you're using Chrome, check your extensions. I had that problem until I realized they had an automatic extension enabled called "I Want This." I disabled and removed and I didn't have any more problems.

You should double check and make sure your computer is virus/malware free as well.

Okay, checked extensions -- I had one called Bcool that was the culprit. Odd! I uninstalled it, the computer scan shows all is fine, (rescanning now just in case) and hopefully it will stop. Thanks!!!

Edited by TheReader