Menu

Life changing, awesome book suggestions, please!

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan - we'd have a healthier planet if everyone read this. Might as well add his In Defence of Food: An Eater's Manifesto - we'd have healthier (and happier!) people read this one.

If the OP compiles a definitive list, will she please paste it into the first post? I'd much appreciate it!

This I know-notes on unravelling the heart-Susannah Conway (about grief and healing old wounds)

The gifts of imperfection-Brene Brown

I am doing an e-course at the moment and these are part of the suggested reading list amongst others, I'll add more once I've read them.

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan - we'd have a healthier planet if everyone read this. Might as well add his In Defence of Food: An Eater's Manifesto - we'd have healthier (and happier!) people read this one.

If the OP compiles a definitive list, will she please paste it into the first post? I'd much appreciate it!

Will do! I am hoping the weekend will bring on many more. :)

Forgot one!

The Woman Who Walked Into Doors and the sequel Paula Spencer by Roddy Doyle. They really helped me find forgiveness and peace as the child of an addict. I began a new relationship with my mom afterwards after not speaking to her for six years.

I love, love Roddy Doyle. I don't have personal experience with addiction--I can imagine that it would have affected you. I bet he would be very moved to hear this.