Menu

PSAT code?

My son will be taking it, as well - i'm wondering if i should send the code in with him or if i should really trust the test-givers. sigh.

My son is taking it as well (for the last time! He's excited about taking it when it finally counts :D)

I always make sure my kids memorize the relevant code ... or have it written down, or even take with them a printout of the College Board page with all the codes (call me paranoid, but this is important!!).

My son will be taking it, as well - i'm wondering if i should send the code in with him or if i should really trust the test-givers. sigh.

I suggest having him take the code in with him. My school posts the homeschool code in rooms with homeschoolers (our guidance office provides it to the proctors), but I know not all schools do that.

My youngest will be taking the test (no chance for NMSF, but it's still a practice SAT).

I'll be proctoring (as usual). I won't be in his room for obvious reasons.

Best wishes to all for clear thinking that day!

I'm looking at a sample of the answer sheet. In addition to school code, it asks for

Social Security Number or Student ID Number (I guess I'll have to go look this up - or use 24601)

The Section on demographics asks for:

-Grade Average ( guess I have to make something up for this)

-Racial/Ethnic Group

-Religion (from a list on the back of the test book) [i mention this because we attend non-denominational churches and I can picture my kid getting stressed because "Community Church" isn't one of the options.]

-Intended College Major (from a list on the back of the test book)

I'm looking at a sample of the answer sheet. In addition to school code, it asks for

Social Security Number or Student ID Number (I guess I'll have to go look this up - or use 24601)

The Section on demographics asks for:

-Grade Average ( guess I have to make something up for this)

-Racial/Ethnic Group

-Religion (from a list on the back of the test book) [i mention this because we attend non-denominational churches and I can picture my kid getting stressed because "Community Church" isn't one of the options.]

-Intended College Major (from a list on the back of the test book)

I do not believe your student is required to fill out ANY of these. I specifically instructed mine to NOT fill in the SSN. I'm not sure why they would want the SSN; perhaps as an identifier or maybe in case the student wins a NM scholarship. In the case of the scholarship, the SSN can be provide at a later time.

Ds and I discussed the demographic questions. I told him to fill them out if he wants to, and what would be appropriate.

ack, wish I'd read all this before i dropped him off! The school seemed pretty on top of it. I sent in his passport (from 3 years ago and he looks like a baby lol) and wrote the code on a tiny post-it and put it on his passport. I almost forgot to send him with a pencil tho . . . i dont remember if they pass them out or not! I should be hearing from him pretty soon to come get him. . . failed to do any school w the 9 yo though . . . i'm not usually downstairs before 9, so getting him to school by 8:30 messed up my schedule!

I forgot to get it but since dd was testing with only homeschoolers, they had the code. She liked the testing environment and will test there next year too when she is actually in 11th grade. We will see how she does but since she found the math "easy" and the writing portion as fun, I am hopeful she will do well.

Thanks for the reminder! I just wrote down ours and made my son put it in his wallet on top of his DL that he has to show to get in. He will also memorize it. Now if we could only find some time for him to get in a little more practice. His test isn't until Saturday. I have to say I am very pleased with how accommodating our local high school has been. They must have someone new in charge. I didn't have to call to get room assignments or anything - they called me this year.