Menu

Need a good Pillow

I am on a pillow search!

I want a pillow that will not become flat as a pancake in 6 months~

I have bought several pillows that I thought would hold up over the past couple years and none of them have.

Anyone know of a good one that will stay fluffy?

Thanks!

Debbie

if you go to a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, you can look at about a hundred pillows and decide which would be best. I recently got a "down alternative" pillow there that is wonderful, as well as two king size foam pillows that will be used as a backrest against our headboard. The foam pillows look like they will keep their shape forever. The foam pillows were (surprisingly) kind of expensive but we wanted something that was going to last a while.

Dana

for the right pillow for a few years I share your frustration!:(

When I do find one I like, it eventually flattens out to a pancake in 6 months.

I fluff them throughly before going to bed, but they don't seem to last. I have bought some very expensive ones that have not held up, and a couple of inexpensive ones that have. I have finally resorted to Overstock dot com and reading the reviews of the pillows to find one.

I found that I like those new shape/form pillows. They sell them cheaper at Costco than at Linens and things. But, if you have a coupon, and they are on sale go for it. You have to buy 2 at Costco. One end is a bit lower than the other side of the pillow. That way, if you sleep on your back, there is a smaller bump, and if you sleep on your side, you use the larger bump end to support the neck. It always poofs back up after removing my head. We've used ours for 6 months now, and they are still like new. I've always used a big fluffy down pillow, so this is a first, but I really like the pillow! SOrry, I can't remember the name brand, but you'll see them at any bed, bath place.

Sunny,

Thanks for the feedback on the foam pillow. I have wondered about those.

Mom2GirlsTX,

I'm glad you mentioned Overstock dot com. I just received a 10% off coupon in the mail from them! Maybe I can get one of the foam pillows to try.

Blessings

Debbie

We use a pillow by a company called "Nature's Rest". They make latex mattresses and pillows. I have had my pillow for 5 years now and it is still as "fluffy" as ever. These pillows are kind of pricey but also have a 5 year warranty. Mine is soft, but just reshapes itself whenever I get up. I love it! I also have their mattress and would recommend them to anybody!

I had a down pillow before this one. Those I love too, but they have to be fluffed daily!

Jenny

It's still pretty new, so I can't tell you how it will hold up, but I love it. It's a 2-in-1 pillow that has the memory foam and a traditional type filling. I find that I sleep so much better with the foam, but the foam pillow I had was too thin. This one is a great fit. My dh got it at Penneys, but I know they have them at Kohl's too.

Just out of curiosity, how do you make your Texas tea? I'm Texan and I love my tea weak! It is basically just colored water. Oh well.

About your question, I have a Nautica down pillow that I got on sale from Linens n Things. I got really lucky, I paid 20.00 for a regularly priced 200.00 pillow. I love it. I can wash the down liner, but not the inside foamy thing. My dh and I love, love, love them.

I believe you get what you pay for with pillows.

I've bought Lands' End down pillows for the past 18 years or so. They're wonderful, and last for several years. They make one called Down Embrace (I think they still make it). It's got a firm feather core surrounded with soft down. It's firm and soft. I love those. I replace them every few years (due to the heebie-jeebie factor), but they're very durable. Kind of pricey, but worth it, if it's in your budget.

Thanks for asking, Debbie! I'll be looking at the links too! I'm on a 2nd foam pillow that needs to be replaced because it's flattened. I bought them both at a chiropractor's office for $40 each several years ago. (I've needed a new one for awhile and haven't known where to look.) BTW, what I have is not "memory foam." I have one of those too, but it seems to sink in too far when I'm using it. :confused: