Menu

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

I am so sorry for your losses. Those children are precious. Thank you for sharing about them, so we can remember them with you. Our second son, Benjamin, died when he was 4 months old. May you be blessed with comfort and hope today.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Our second son, Matthew, was stillborn at 38 weeks. Six months later we had a miscarriage. I know there are a good many here who have had a loss and I think and pray for you today and every day.

:grouphug: I am so sorry. Remembering my Lydia Clare, who died in labor May 6, 2003. Six months after her death, we also miscarried. I call that baby E.F. See you later, precious babies.

This day is so difficult. My dc often ask me about the babies I lost and my heart hurts still. I look at my twins and then at the 3 dc I have with whom I lost a twin and wonder who their other half was. I wonder who the singletons would have been.

Most of my losses have been in October, oddly enough, the last weekend in particular. I'm actually on bcp just because I am so afraid of conceiving and losing a baby end of October, superstitious as that is; I just need to get through this month.

I feel guilty for feeling like I do when there are others who had losses far worse than mine. My heart hurts for all of you, for all of us. :grouphug:

My DS, and first child Brian, was born at 22 weeks on 1/1/01, due to class A HELLP syndrome. He lived 23 minutes.

When I was pregnant with DD, my due date kept moving I told the ultrasound tech and my perinatologist that if the due date came up as Jan 1, to lie. DD arrived on Thanksgiving, at 34 1/2 weeks.

:grouphug::grouphug: Remembering all of the little ones that have been taken to early

I would also like to remember my daughter, Emily Katherine, born Easter Sunday 2003 and grew her wings on May 23, 2003.

My brothers children born August 11th and August 19th 2005 (Matthew & Gavin)...both passing away just a few minutes after being born at 21 and 22 weeks....they leave behind a miracle here on Earth...Joseph born at 22 weeks weighing just 1lb6oz is a thriving 7 year old today.

And lastly my best friends son, Drake, stillborn at 23 weeks.

I have two babies with Jesus in heaven. I lost them 12 years ago this month and it still brings sadness to my heart. The hardest thing is never having been able to hold them and tell them how much I love them. I don't know whether they were boys, girls or one of each. I long for heaven where I believe I will know them, they will know me and I will finally be able to love them.

My prayers and :grouphug::grouphug: to all of you who have lost. It is so hard. I'm not sure that it's something you ever really get over. I think it's something you learn to live with.

Blessings to you all and especially to you, the OP, for bringing it up. Some days I long to tell everyone but somehow just getting to acknowledge the loss here makes it much easier. All the other days it's just an invisible scar of motherhood that we bear silently. Thanks for letting it out in the open where things can heal. It's so GOOD to know that there are others who truly understand!

I lost one on my birthday in 2005 at 14 weeks and just found out saturday that I am miscarrying this one at 11 weeks. :crying:

My pastor said today "Just think that the first time they opened their eyes, they saw God!" WOW

:grouphug: to all you mamas

Edited by kwickimom
spelling oopsy

I lost one on my birthday in 2005 at 14 weeks and just found out saturday that I am miscarrying this one at 11 weeks. :crying:

My pastor said today "Just think that the first time they opened their eyes, the saw God!" WOW

Awww, This made me cry! Such a beautiful way to think of it. Bittersweet.

My pastor said today "Just think that the first time they opened their eyes, the saw God!" WOW

That's too precious.

I like this.

We had an ectopic, July of 2008. I also look to this quote for comfort:

“Take no heavier lift of your children, than your Lord alloweth; give them room beside your heart, but not in the yoke of your heart, where Christ should be, for then they are your idols, not your bairns. If your Lord take any of them home to his house before the storm come on, take it well, the owner of the orchard may take down two or three apples off his own tress, before midsummer, and ere they get the harvest sun; and it would not be seemly that his servant, the gardener, should chide him for it. Let our Lord pluck his own fruit at any season he pleaseth; they are not lost to you, they are laid up so well, as that they are coffered in heaven, where our Lord’s best jewels lie.†-Samuel Rutherford

“Take no heavier lift of your children, than your Lord alloweth; give them room beside your heart, but not in the yoke of your heart, where Christ should be, for then they are your idols, not your bairns. If your Lord take any of them home to his house before the storm come on, take it well, the owner of the orchard may take down two or three apples off his own tress, before midsummer, and ere they get the harvest sun; and it would not be seemly that his servant, the gardener, should chide him for it. Let our Lord pluck his own fruit at any season he pleaseth; they are not lost to you, they are laid up so well, as that they are coffered in heaven, where our Lord’s best jewels lie.†-Samuel Rutherford

Beautiful...

I lost a son 8/09. We were having the big ultrasound at 20 weeks, and learned that we had lost him several days before.

:grouphug:to you all.

I can't imagine going through a stillbirth...

We lost our first three babies, miscarriage. And ectopic, had our son and then lost he last one that we tried for years to conceive. I cannot have anymore.

I conceived my first baby in October of 1990, my second baby would have been born in October.

So hard to have Ll those dates in your head, but I remember each and everyone.

I'm so grateful I coud have at least one child.

:grouphug: to all.

Praying for all of you today who have had a loss of a child.

I lost my identical monoamnionic/monochorionic(MOMO) twin girl Kari, at birth. She was 30 weeks. She had hydrops which led to congestive heart failure. She was 2lbs 3 oz. 14" long.

My other twin survived, but spent many weeks in the NICU. She is now 14 and doing just as well as any other 14 yo.

Twin loss is so hard.

:grouphug: to all.

Edited by dancer67

My pastor said today "Just think that the first time they opened their eyes, they saw God!" WOW

My daughter's gravestone says, "Born into Heaven." :001_smile:

:grouphug: To all of us whose arms can not hold all our children. :grouphug:

Years ago, when I only had one baby, and before my many losses, I read the most beautiful little story. I've never been able to find it again, but it went something like this:

A gardener walked the well kept paths of the garden he tended, admiring the many beautiful roses. He came upon a budding rose bush with a young bloom cut off.

"Who did this?" he demanded of a passing servant.

"The Master," replied the servant.

"Ah, the Master," smiled the gardener and held his peace.

:grouphug: My daughter and her husband learned of their first loss at 26 weeks on 10/15 two years ago. They suffered another late loss about 10 months later.

They were lighting candles and doing a balloon launch tonight.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who has experienced this terrible sadness.:grouphug:

Wow, I didn't know this day existed. Like a previous poster my first loss was when I went in for my 19 week ultrasound to see if we could find out the sex of the baby only to find out he had passed away. He was my first pregnancy and I was incredibly unprepared for the whole thing. I lost him in November 1994. I also had an early miscarriage in 2004. I found out about the baby and then so quickly found I was loosing him/her that it was a terrible emotional whirlwind.

I wonder about my babies and who they would have been. For me, it makes me even more grateful for my wonderful, happy, healthy, noisy boys in my house. :)