Menu

Tell me some ridiculous 'end of the world' dramas you've endured....

I can't take the stress of teenage drama any more. It seems like every day it's something. Today's drama....drumroll......

Ds's average in Latin went from a 98 to a 95 and "that is terrible it is like a failing grade" (Imagine lots of sighing, crumpling posture, facial expressions, etc., followd by sulking)

Someone please tell me you deal with this too.

My dd hurt her knee and ankle last weekend by running in church :glare:, falling and running into a wall. This was Saturday. They put her on crutches. She had co-op the following Friday. She refused to take her crutches to co-op because.....it was embarrassing.

I told her if she falls and injures herself again, the entire bill was on her.

Right now, she's making me INSANE.

My dd hurt her knee and ankle last weekend by running in church :glare:, falling and running into a wall. This was Saturday. They put her on crutches. She had co-op the following Friday. She refused to take her crutches to co-op because.....it was embarrassing.

I told her if she falls and injures herself again, the entire bill was on her.

Right now, she's making me INSANE.

:D I refused to wear a hat when I was a young teen, because I didn't look good in one. I lived in the snow belt. Teen girls are crazy.

I can't take the stress of teenage drama any more. It seems like every day it's something. Today's drama....drumroll......

Ds's average in Latin went from a 98 to a 95 and "that is terrible it is like a failing grade" (Imagine lots of sighing, crumpling posture, facial expressions, etc., followd by sulking)

Someone please tell me you deal with this too.

I wish we had that kind of drama at my house. :crying:

:D I refused to wear a hat when I was a young teen, because I didn't look good in one. I lived in the snow belt. Teen girls are crazy.

My boys refuse to wear winter boots after about age 8 because they think they're uncool. It's not just girls. :glare:

And yea, we've had the perfectionism issues too. Ds11 came second in the agility and speed competitions at hockey try-outs (and first in stickhandling and shooting) and freaked out for days worrying that he wasn't going to make the team.

:grouphug:

The zipper stopped working on ds9's jacket. Because it was 40 degrees mean Mom would not let him leave without a jacket that can zip. None of the 20 other jackets we own, including 2 others his exact size, were good enough.

Drama.

Even though I know I have 2 jackets his size I bought another this weekend so I didn't not have to deal with this every day until it snows.

In my house it's all about how DS14 is expected to actually *clean* the kitchen, and no, just doing the dishes doesn't count.

Other than taking care of the cats, it's the only chore he has. Yet we're so horribly cruel parents b/c we make him wipe down counters and actually put things away in the cabinets. :glare:

When I was packing to go to college I refused to take a raincoat or an umbrella because I thought they were uncool. My mother kept asking "then what will you do when it rains?" and I had no real answer. Yeah...a few weeks into school I bought an umbrella. Looking back I was being such a goober about it, it is a testament to my mother's patience that she didn't shove an umbrella up my rear, lol. Instead she obviously chalked it up to one of those battles not worth fighting.