Menu

Noeo Science Level 3

We are using Noeo Physics 3. I like it a lot. I have really liked the books and having everything scheduled has been helpful for me. We have only been using it since the beginning of the school year, but so far it has been good. I also have RS4K Physics I, and Noeo goes into much more in depth.

Is Physics 3 quantitative at all? I have a book lined up for DS11 next year in case it is not, but I can't really see a lot of quantitative work lined up in the books on the website for NOEO Physics 3. He will be probably most of the way through Algebra 2, and self taught on some trig by then (no calc). He is already pretty comfortable with the basic trig functions.

We are doing RS4K Physics 1 now for 6th, and plan to follow up with Astronomy and Geology through the year. I thought maybe we would try to start with Noeo Chemistry.

One thing I love when I look at Noeo, it looks like there are plenty of experiments. How do you like the experiment kits? Do they work pretty well? I'm hoping if I get this next year, dd can be pretty independent with it while I teach my younger student. :)

For Physics 3, we will use Snap Circuits and a Thames and Kosmos Physics kit. We have done Snap circuits before and really like them, but we have not gotten to the point of using the T&K kit, so I can't comment on that.

You can search on the boards for information about the different kits.

Is Physics 3 quantitative at all? I have a book lined up for DS11 next year in case it is not, but I can't really see a lot of quantitative work lined up in the books on the website for NOEO Physics 3. He will be probably most of the way through Algebra 2, and self taught on some trig by then (no calc). He is already pretty comfortable with the basic trig functions.

Physics 3 is completely qualitative. I have not seen any math in any of the books or in the schedule.

Bummer. I can't imagine doing physics with no math; physics basically is math. The rest of the program looks kind of fun though . . . *sigh* I can already see myself cobbling together a monster . . . part NOEO, part Life of Fred Physics, part Knight's College Physics . . .

I have time to plan; we're only a few weeks into bio still . . .