Menu

Help! Where to Find Miquon PDF/Ebook???

zelli21

I have great news! :D I contacted Rainbow Resource:

The owner of Rainbow Resource says that they will be continuing the Miquon PDF availability through CurrClick but there might be a little disruption while the publisher info is transitioned. It shouldn't last long.

The owner of Rainbow Resource says that they will be continuing the Miquon PDF availability through CurrClick but there might be a little disruption while the publisher info is transitioned. It shouldn't last long.

:D Shew. thank goodness!

Thank goodness! Glad Rainbow Resource knows what's going on, Currclick is still investigating. Hopefully it won't be more than a week or two because I was ready to get started this week.

I did not know it until reading this thread but Key Curriculum Press (the small Berkeley based publisher that was owned my the Miquon author's son) has been taken over by McGraw Hill. Miquon has been spun off the Rainbow Resources. McGraw Hill will keep the "Key to..." series.

I'm mildly shocked, but I guess that is the way of the world.

Bill

I did not know it until reading this thread but Key Curriculum Press (the small Berkeley based publisher that was owned my the Miquon author's son) has been taken over by McGraw Hill. Miquon has been spun off the Rainbow Resources. McGraw Hill will keep the "Key to..." series.

I'm mildly shocked, but I guess that is the way of the world.

Bill

Whoa! I'm surprised and kind of saddened to hear this! I've always loved Key Press; I hope they manage to keep some of their quirky spirit after the merger.

I didn't know you could get miquon as a pdf. I had discounted it because the postage was horrendous. Will have to look again now.

And I read somewhere that with miquon you should start at the beginning is that right?

Edited by kiwik

Sorry. There are 3 items on the site. Does the annotations contain all 6 books? I would have thought they would list them separately.

Thanks

The Annotations is basically the teacher's guide to the worksheets in all six workbooks. The workbooks are six separate books which appear to not be listed yet.

Sorry. There are 3 items on the site. Does the annotations contain all 6 books? I would have thought they would list them separately.

Thanks

They still haven't loaded the actual Miquon lab books that the kids use. The lab books are orange, red, blue, purple, green, and yellow. The three currclick has available are teacher materials.

So what do you need - annotations, teachers guide and workbook?

There are 3 Miquon teachers books:

The Lab-Sheet Annotations book. This is a thick resource with both the objectives for all the student assignments in the whole course and also pretty deep topical information to help parents really understand the math in a deep fashion and how to teach the math to young children in ways that make sense to them.

The First Grade Diary is a walk through of a year spent with the Miquon author as she teaches children. I found it really inspiring and chock full of ideas on how to teach in a Math-Lab style. It is a great book IMO.

The last is a pamphlet called Notes to Teachers, it is the least of the three, but has ideas about teaching philosophy and how to get started using C Rods, etc.

My advice is purchase and read all 3 books. Personally while I like ebooks I would rather have these (and especially the Lab Sheet Annotations book) as "hard copies" as it is a resource that gets used heavily and is nice to flip through.

The student books are Orange, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Purple. I like the

Funky quality of the hard copies, but ebooks versions would make sense in large families.

So 3 Teachers books and 6 student books is the whole deal.

Thanks for that. My preference for eBooks stems from being on the other side of the world. To justify the postage costs you have to buy everything at once and hope you like it. I put the pdfs on a colour eBook reader and use page skip a lot. It isn't ideal but it means I can try stuff without paying a fortune.

Thanks for that. My preference for eBooks stems from being on the other side of the world. To justify the postage costs you have to buy everything at once and hope you like it. I put the pdfs on a colour eBook reader and use page skip a lot. It isn't ideal but it means I can try stuff without paying a fortune.

I understand. You won't be disadvantaged with the student books, they are fine to print. Not having a hard copy of "Annotations" is not ideal, but not paying for international shipping is compelling.

Bill

I bought the First Grade Diary on currclick and ended up not reading it. I bought the Lab Sheet Annotations and the Notes to Teachers books used (and had them shipped over with other purchases) and read both properly.