Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OtherJohn

Upcoming Website Changes!

Hello Community Members!

In the next few weeks The Well Trained Mind community will be switching its software to a faster and improved system with great new features. This week we will notify the community of the planned upgrade date so that everyone has plenty of time to prepare. Keeping the integrity of the community's data is our first priority but with any major upgrade we may experience some data loss. All content should transfer to the new system but as a precaution please help us prepare for this change by saving links, subscribed threads, and private messages. An easy way to save your Private Messages is to cut and past those messages into your computer's notepad. To save your favorite links, navigate to those links and when you reach that page bookmark the page -or- you can cut and paste the url into a notepad. We will give plenty of time for preparation for the change and the result will be a great improvement to our site and community experience.

Thanks for being a part of The Well Trained Mind!

-John

oooh! How fun! We're remodeling! ;-)

LOL this cracked me up!

Thanks for the heads-up John and for all your hard work :)

oooh! How fun! We're remodeling! ;-)

I hope we're getting granite countertops! :D

I hope we're getting granite countertops! :D

Personally, I'm partial to Corain countertops with those seamlessly integrated undermount sinks. ;)

Thanks for the upgrade and the heads up!

This thread should become record length in no time ... there's already controversy - granite vs Corian - and inuendo!!! lol

How about a nice room for tea? :auto:

*snort*

We need a smiley for all those times we almost spit our drinks out on the keyboard.

*snort*

We need a smiley for all those times we almost spit our drinks out on the keyboard.

HAHAHA!!! I think THAT ought to be included in the remodel!

Cindy

An easy way to save your Private Messages is to cut and past those messages into your computer's notepad. To save your favorite links, navigate to those links and when you reach that page bookmark the page -or- you can cut and paste the url into a notepad.

-John

Thanks for the heads up! By "your computer's notepad", do you mean copying & pasting into something like MS Word? Or is there some other notepad feature you're referring to?

Thanks,

The Technologically Challenged :D

How about a nice room for tea? :auto:

Carpeted, hardwood or an area rug? :lol:

Thanks for the heads up! By "your computer's notepad", do you mean copying & pasting into something like MS Word? Or is there some other notepad feature you're referring to?

Thanks,

"Notepad" is a specific program that's like a simple, basic pad of paper. No fancy stuff. paper. PC's have this feature. You can do it in Word, too, just the same. Copy/paste.

Thanks,

Word would work. There is also a application that comes with Microsoft that is called notepad. Both would work exactly the same in this context.

Question: Will the social groups (in a perfect transfer) remain intact?

If not, there are some threads I would like to save.

Thank you for all you do.

I am not sure on that. I will look into it and get back to you.

I gotta get busy - lots of cutting and pasting for the hundreds of links I have saved over the years :)

We are going to do our best to save all the data. This is just a precaution if something fails. I am not expecting it but we plan for the worse.

Oh wow, I've taken a break and just peeked back in... I almost missed it! :w00t:

I remember when we changed to this format. That turned out to be a great thing so I'm sure this will also be a great thing. Thanks for always looking to keep this board so very helpful!

:party:

I don't mind a makeover. I just hope the site doesn't get so advanced I get lost in it. (It happened to me with another website where to this day I still can't figure out).

Please, whatever you do, keep it user friendly. :svengo:

Maybe this has been suggested, and maybe it already exists here..... I don't have time to read all posts right now, but my 11 yr ds asks if there can be a section where the kids of the hive can converse. He reads along with me sometimes on this board and would like to be part of the action. Maybe a middle school section monitored by us parents, and a high schoolers board.

Maybe this has been suggested, and maybe it already exists here..... I don't have time to read all posts right now, but my 11 yr ds asks if there can be a section where the kids of the hive can converse. He reads along with me sometimes on this board and would like to be part of the action. Maybe a middle school section monitored by us parents, and a high schoolers board.

I will look into this, but which children under the age of 13 we have to do special signups and permissions forms to cover the COPPA rules and regs.

I'm glad I logged in today. I know you mentioned private messages but I take it this also applies to threads we have under the subscription feature as well?

I will look into this, but which children under the age of 13 we have to do special signups and permissions forms to cover the COPPA rules and regs.

My DC would love a place to post! Perhaps allowing our DC to use our login to post under our supervision, the same way some of us do when our DH has the answer to a query?

How about starting with the high school kids? And then you can see from there whether it's worth doing the legwork for the younger kids?