Menu

Induction tomorrow - would appreciate any prayers/positive thoughts

UPDATE: see post#28 for new Hive baby news :)

So tomorrow is the big day...unless L&D is too busy, in which case it would be Tuesday.

I am going back & forth between excitement and fear. Excited to meet this new little one and see the kids meeting her for the first time. But scared that something will go wrong. My previous labours and deliveries have all been pretty much textbook perfect, so not sure why I am so anxious?

I have been doing, taking and drinking everything possible to get things started and no luck. Ok, I haven't tried castor oil but in my mind, an induction is better than that remedy!! I've had some very mild spotting the last 24 hours: nothing significant to even call my midwives about. Will keep walking, bouncing on my yoga ball and eating spicy Thai food today.

Any prayers or positive thoughts for me to go into labour tonight on my own would be great. Will keep you posted!

Edited by CanadianMumof4

Have a cuppa hot, steamy teA...hint hint! There is lots of oxytocin in that kind of teA!

Has.not.worked. It has been a non-stop tea party here for the last 2 weeks!!

I joke with DH that he has no trouble getting me pregnant but is virtually useless at helping me to get "un-pregnant" :lol:

So refresh my memory, when did they call???

Around 9am, and told me to 'head in whenever we were ready'. I was told they could call anytime after 6am. :001_huh:

we were there before 10, and they were *still* making calls for women to come in for induction.

I called. Nurse basically said just to sit tight & wait :glare:

I asked if there is a point at which it just won't happen today and she said it was up to the OB on call but they have no idea at this point.

Poor kids are acting wild & crazy, in-laws are basically sitting by their phone waiting to hear when they should come to watch the kids.

Patience. Please pray that I can find some.

So tomorrow is the big day...unless L&D is too busy, in which case it would be Tuesday.

I am going back & forth between excitement and fear. Excited to meet this new little one and see the kids meeting her for the first time. But scared that something will go wrong. My previous labours and deliveries have all been pretty much textbook perfect, so not sure why I am so anxious?

I have been doing, taking and drinking everything possible to get things started and no luck. Ok, I haven't tried castor oil but in my mind, an induction is better than that remedy!! I've had some very mild spotting the last 24 hours: nothing significant to even call my midwives about. Will keep walking, bouncing on my yoga ball and eating spicy Thai food today.

Any prayers or positive thoughts for me to go into labour tonight on my own would be great. Will keep you posted!

castor oil is the reason a woman I know had her babe in the car on the side of the highway. Inductions are no big deal. I've had 3.

Thank ladies.

Still waiting for that phone call. It is likely not gonna happen today.

Went to see my midwife. She did a S&S. I am 2cm but baby is still not engaged so she figures that the hospital will just start me on the gel and send me home to walk, walk, walk. Apparently it would not be good for my waters to break at this point since there would be an increased risk of cord prolapse since she is still floating??

We are sending the kids off to the in-laws for a sleepover just in case plus it will let me relax tomorrow if nothing gets going, then DH can go to work and not waste any more vacation time for nothing.

I trust that God knows which date is best for her birthday. I clearly have zero control over this & need to realize that my Type A, controlling personality is no match for God's plans. Yes, an on-going lesson that i just can't seem to get through my head!!!!

Thank ladies.

Still waiting for that phone call. It is likely not gonna happen today.

Went to see my midwife. She did a S&S. I am 2cm but baby is still not engaged so she figures that the hospital will just start me on the gel and send me home to walk, walk, walk. Apparently it would not be good for my waters to break at this point since there would be an increased risk of cord prolapse since she is still floating??

We are sending the kids off to the in-laws for a sleepover just in case plus it will let me relax tomorrow if nothing gets going, then DH can go to work and not waste any more vacation time for nothing.

I trust that God knows which date is best for her birthday. I clearly have zero control over this & need to realize that my Type A, controlling personality is no match for God's plans. Yes, an on-going lesson that i just can't seem to get through my head!!!!

:grouphug: It won't be much longer.

We finally got a call at 7pm!

Had a consult with the OB and midwives & decided to go ahead & start oxytocin.

Everything went perfectly - could not have gone any better. In the end, it was 1.5 hours of true labour and then she was born!!

Katelyn Helen Faith arrived on her due date, October 16th weighing 9lbs exactly.

We chose to come home 3 hours post-delivery which was awesome! So nice to be at home.

The kids are thrilled with her; especially DD8.

Thank you for all your thoughts/prayers.

post-27412-13535087699771_thumb.jpg