Menu

I need to ask for prayers for DD.

I was doing okay until a couple moments ago, but now the worry has started to set in. We have just returned from the ER, dd(11) jumped off a fence and sliced open her upper thigh on a metal T-post. She is all stitched up now and doing fine, but.......I told the Dr. that she has had two bouts of MRSA on her legs and he did write her a prescription for Keflex. The only issue is that we left without getting an initial dose and it was so late there were not any open pharmacies (we live really remote). I will get it filled in the morning, but I am concerned about infection starting between now and then.

The laceration is deep enough that a MRSA infection would be really bad. I think it will be fine, but if ya have a sec would you send up a good thought for her healing?

Thanks!

I was doing okay until a couple moments ago, but now the worry has started to set in. We have just returned from the ER, dd(11) jumped off a fence and sliced open her upper thigh on a metal T-post. She is all stitched up now and doing fine, but.......I told the Dr. that she has had two bouts of MRSA on her legs and he did write her a prescription for Keflex. The only issue is that we left without getting an initial dose and it was so late there were not any open pharmacies (we live really remote). I will get it filled in the morning, but I am concerned about infection starting between now and then.

The laceration is deep enough that a MRSA infection would be really bad. I think it will be fine, but if ya have a sec would you send up a good thought for her healing?

Thanks!

Of course! :grouphug:

We are back from town and she has finally gotten her first dose of antibiotics. She is in a bit more pain and there is some increased redness around the area. I feel that this is to be expected with how traumatic of an injury she has, but I am in worried mom mode and not rational observer mode. :D

Thank you all for praying for her! We will watch it throughout the day and night and if it gets worse I will take her to her family Dr tomorrow.

Please be aware that Keflex will NOT prevent/treat MRSA (staph), and you should have received either Septra (Bactrim DS) or Clindamyacin.

Please call the clinic and have the prescription changed. Just tell them you daughter has a history of MRSA and you need the antibiotic changed.

It was probably an oversight...

Good Luck!!!!

Please be aware that Keflex will NOT prevent/treat MRSA (staph), and you should have received either Septra (Bactrim DS) or Clindamyacin.

Please call the clinic and have the prescription changed. Just tell them you daughter has a history of MRSA and you need the antibiotic changed.

It was probably an oversight...

Good Luck!!!!

Thank you! I thought so, but then second guessed myself. I kinda put the name out to see if anyone would catch it if it were the case. I am calling them now. ;(

I did. I will be picking up Bactrim in the morning. They want her to stay on both Keflex and Bactrim, so we will be hitting the probiotics really hard.

Has she had the Bactrim before? Dd can't tolerate it (vomiting) and I'm actually allergic. I think we have had the other two, though our doctor didn't mention MRSA. :grouphug:

How is she doing tonight?

Aaaawwww, thanks for checking! I am a little concerned. She had about a 1/2 of redness around the wound at about midday. It was a little warm and there was some seepage. She really hadn't had much time to get the Bactrim in her system and her pain level is not increasing, so I am holding to see what the morning looks like.

We have had to give her tylenol PM to sleep, because it does hurt in the evenings and keeps her awake. All in all, I think we are as good as we can be. She is chock full of antibiotics and I made over a gallon of yogurt last night. Thankfully, she LOVES strawberry smoothies and I can sneak in an extra probiotic pill.

So far she is tolerating the Bactrim, but she only just took the second dose. Fingers crossed that she does tolerate all of this well.