Menu

Wall Timeline Ideas

midwestbelle

I cut up poster board to a size large enough to read off the wall, say 4 inches tall by however necessary wide. I make the "around the room/border" type cards. At the end of the year, I take them down, 3 hole punch them and put them in a binder. We add each year. It allows us to review, but focus on the time period we're on.

I also use the MOH suggestions (big project board) for smaller, more in depth info and pictures. I use velcro dots, then I can take off the cards and we play games to put them in order (races using a timer) This only works well for my competitive children (3 out of 5) I simply number the cards on the back side so I can make sure they are always in order :)

Once a week, we place our timeline figures on the MOH board, I start new lessons off by putting the new topic on the border one....gets their minds thinkin' about the new peoples....

I cut up poster board to a size large enough to read off the wall, say 4 inches tall by however necessary wide. I make the "around the room/border" type cards. At the end of the year, I take them down, 3 hole punch them and put them in a binder. We add each year. It allows us to review, but focus on the time period we're on.

I also use the MOH suggestions (big project board) for smaller, more in depth info and pictures. I use velcro dots, then I can take off the cards and we play games to put them in order (races using a timer) This only works well for my competitive children (3 out of 5) I simply number the cards on the back side so I can make sure they are always in order :)

Once a week, we place our timeline figures on the MOH board, I start new lessons off by putting the new topic on the border one....gets their minds thinkin' about the new peoples....

Great ideas! I wonder if index cards would work instead of cutting poster board? I'm gonna find out! lol

Thanks!

I put up a white string in a zig-zag (because of space) otherwise, I would just make it straight. I use the Veritas Press cards, and we use those colorful mini-cloth pins and put them up as we get through them in our studies.