Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OtherJohn

Are you blocked from posting?

Do you wonder why you can't post to the site?

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong!

We are changing settings to be able to fight spam more effectively and your account needs to have its email address confirmed. You only need to do this if you are blocked from logging in.

If you still have problems please email me at community[at]welltrainedmind dot com (replace the [at] with '@' ) with the subject "Forum Confirmation". Also put in the email your username and be sure to email me from the email address you used to sign up on the forums!

We have about 7,000 members who due to our old email system never received the confirmation email.

-John

My confirmation didn't come through after an hour (and I did check my spam folder). Wait longer? Try again?

Are we supposed to get a confirmation? I am not having trouble posting, and I did not get an email. Should I assume all is well?

My confirmation didn't come through after an hour (and I did check my spam folder). Wait longer? Try again?

Are we supposed to get a confirmation? I am not having trouble posting, and I did not get an email. Should I assume all is well?

Is there any way to know in advance if our email is confirmed or not? Do we just wait to see if we get locked out?

TIA

Try this first and if you still can't get the confirmation email I will try to manually you setup.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/register.php?do=requestemail

I am not having any trouble posting, as you can see. My post above might not have been clear: I'm not having trouble AND I did not got an email requesting any action on my part. However, I have now clicked that link for an activation code. However, I did not receive a code as a response to it, and I've waited a few minutes. Please let me know if I should do anything else. Thank you!

I am not having any trouble posting, as you can see. My post above might not have been clear: I'm not having trouble AND I did not got an email requesting any action on my part. However, I have now clicked that link for an activation code. However, I did not receive a code as a response to it, and I've waited a few minutes. Please let me know if I should do anything else. Thank you!

Thanks. I checked your account and you should be good. You may not have any emails coming to you because you have "Subscribe with no notification". Everything else seems fine.

I also clicked the activation link but didn't get any confirmations in my email. I checked the spam folder too. I'm not having any trouble posting though.

Try this first and if you still can't get the confirmation email I will try to manually you setup.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/register.php?do=requestemail

I had done that twice before posting. :001_smile: Still didn't get an email, but don't know that I'm having an issue posting either. I seem to recall posting something earlier today.

Emails might be delayed. Also you might have turned off email notifications in the user control panel.

Our new system shouldn't have this issue.

-John

I clicked the link and sent the activation because I didn't appear logged in when I came to this site (and I keep myself logged in). I haven't received an email yet, so I'm not sure what to do. (However, it does appear that I'm logged in now, but I haven't tried posting, other than this).

I clicked the link you suggested. I received no email. I noticed the threads I've subscribed to have the responses going into my spam. Is that something with the boards? I use to receive them fine in my inbox. Thanks!

I clicked the link you suggested. I received no email. I noticed the threads I've subscribed to have the responses going into my spam. Is that something with the boards? I use to receive them fine in my inbox. Thanks!

We are working on the email issue. We had a spam problem coming from the server that was causing a large number of users to not receive emails. That issue has been fixed but has opened a new challenge to us. When you switch email providers on a site that sends as many emails as we do, email could be thrown into the spam folders again because it's coming from a new provider.

Adjust your spam rules by marking the emails you find from us in your spam box as "Not Spam" and you should be fine.

I just wrote a new post on Accelerated Learners board - but it didn't show up. Am I all set up like I need to be? Can you check for me please? I thought it was working the other day for just fine.

Thanks so much!:)

I just checked again, and now it is working. Hmmm...just took awhile for it to post.

So, I couldn't log on and emailed saying that I wasn't getting the activation codes, but then realized that when I read this thread, I was somehow signed in. Not sure what happened here.