Menu

Dr. Hive - Friday night question..

I usually let Dh handle anything medical, but he's away, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. A brief search on WebMD didn't turn anything up.

Ds13 has a bump/lump on his forearm that doesn't look good. He first noticed it yesterday afternoon, but just showed it to me. It's red, raised in the middle, hard, warm and has a little peak that is redder. It doesn't itch, but it does hurt in the middle, even when he's not touching it. He marked how big it was this morning, about 2cm x 2cm, but now it's oval and about 5cm x 7cm at the edge of the pink.

Does anyone know what this could be? Is there anything I can do for it or anything I should watch for?

Sounds like my dd's staph infections. If it is growing that quickly, I would get him seen. Soon. A quick growing staph can be dangerous. Dd's grew bigger slowly and (most) formed a head of some sort. I have had more than my fair share of experience with this. *Sigh*

Thanks everyone. I can take him in to urgent care in an hour or two, so we will go tonight. He doesn't have a fever, but he was poking around with it a few minutes ago and a little bit of brown pus (I guess it's pus?) came out. Definitely getting it checked tonight.

Thanks again!