Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-12-2012

Happy Friday! Today's Lounge is brought to you by the American Psychological Association. Mainly because that's the format style I have to use to write my paper. But also because some of us need psychological therapy! :D

I'll be here most of the day, I think, but may be tucked in the corner with my computer trying to bang out a rough draft. Shhh! Don't get too raucous in your conversation! ;)

Are you treating yourself to anything today just because it's Friday? I brought pumpkin scones home from Starbucks for the kiddos.

What's for lunch? No idea! But dinner will be a chicken soup/tater tot casserole. I won't be here but dh and the kiddos will. Remember, he agreed (without consulting me) that we'd watch another couple's kids. Last night he got mad because I reminded him I wouldn't be here. :glare:

Still need to get prepared for scrapbooking tonight. Seriously thinking about letting son skip ballet today.

Any plans for the weekend? We'll be splitting up tomorrow as both kids have games at different places. :auto:I think we'll be skipping NYS during the next round.

Talk to me! :bigear:

Happy Friday - now get back to your rough draft.

Today is a teacher work day at my older dd's school so both kids are off school while I'm working. I'm not sure I have this work-day thing right.

This afternoon, I'm going to try to make gluten-free, soy-free soy sauce :lol: I know it sounds weird, but that is my life. I want to make teryaki but youngest and I are both allergic to soy. I already spent 2 days making a delicious, rich broth that I'm going to try to turn to soy-sauce. If I can get that, then I'm not far from teryaki. :D

Weekend plans...hm. dunno - can't think that far in advance. I have a whole lot of Friday to get through.

Happy Friday!

Are you treating yourself to anything today just because it's Friday?

What's for lunch?

Any plans for the weekend?

Talk to me! :bigear:

Yay! It's Friday (finally!)

No food treats so far today, but I am letting the kids play outside this afternoon. We finished enough of our school work to call it a day and the weather is just too beautiful to miss out on! Having them outside gives me a break--which is a treat in and of itself! :lol:

For lunch, I had 1/4 cup nuts, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow sundried tomato cheese, a few flatbread crackers, and a Colby-Jack cheese stick. I may have a clementine also.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, and roasted red potatoes. I may serve a side salad with it.

Tonight, I'm meeting another mom to discuss homeschooling and curriculum. She's considering pulling 2 of her 4 kids out of ps to begin homeschooling.

Tomorrow, dd15 is helping with a fundraiser at her dance studio in the morning, and again in the evening. In between, the three other kids all have soccer games. DH is working all day tomorrow, so I will be the head taxi driver for all these activities! I have to work tomorrow night, so it's going to be a long day! Sunday is church, family time, and more church.

Are you treating yourself to anything today just because it's Friday?

I took the day off from work, but not to treat myself. I slept terribly last night and was sick. Ok, I take that back, I went to a local fast food place and bought a gallon of sweet tea. My rationalization was "it's helping me get over my soda habit".

What's for lunch?

Toast. I also had one chicken strip from the aforementioned fast food restaurant.

Any plans for the weekend?

Nothing formal. Probably a visit to the library and some lounging about. Ariel wants to watch some episodes of Horrible Histories. I need to go grocery shopping. Exciting, no?

Oi! Another half hour or so to bang out this rough draft. Karen, I keep dreaming of Colorado! :^)

You're not done yet? :confused: You better get busy. We had rain twice today with blue skies in between. It smelled wonderful outside. Fall leaves and fresh rain and a bit of winter cold. We took a long walk to let the dogs chase rabbits while enjoyed the leaves and blue sky.

You need one of these to perk you up.

410iMXjwIPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Are you treating yourself to anything today just because it's Friday? Um, not really. I'm on a special diet now (again) for systemic yeast :glare: That pretty much kills anything that even approaches a treat.

What's for lunch? We ate ChikFilA for lunch and at the mall food court for dinner. We were 2 hours from home all day, the kids loved it LOL

Any plans for the weekend? Yup. Cleaning. Our house is going to be shown twice next week! :hurray: And maybe taking the youngest two to the Lowe's Build and Grow Clinic. Maybe. I don't really want to drive to it, but I do want them to get out and do something. We'll see.

I hope your paper went well.

Edited by Ghee