Menu

Really good news

I went to get my staples out today, which went fine. Then I asked for a copy of my pathology report, which I wasn't going to get until next week, but the Nurse Practitioner printed it out and went over it with me.

It's stage 1C, grade 1, with no spread anywhere, except to both ovaries. That is the most excellent news I could get based on what they saw in the surgery. I will go next Friday to discuss chemo and other treatments.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers, encouragement and support. It truly has meant the world to me. Thank you, God!

Oh, wonderful! I honestly feared it would be different, given the extensive surgery procedure you underwent.

DH was stage 2/grades 8-9 on his first biopsy with no symptoms. Grade 1, stage 1? That is a great blessing and I am thanking the Lord on your behalf.

He has made a complete recovery and I wish the same for you. And be sure you behave while healing - it's tempting to do too much too early, especially when there are kids to chase after. Take yur time and let them wait on you!

:party: I am celebrating with you from afar, Lynne! I hope you have a peaceful and relaxing and somewhat less stressful weekend! I was so worried for you after you described your surgery! I'm so happy you got this news. Continuing to think of you as you go into further treatment. :grouphug:

What wonderful news! It was caught so early - I'll bet in retrospect you're so thankful for that abdominal pain that got you in (well, that's how I feel anyway, it was abdominal pain that got me in, too). What a vast relief for you. Great news :001_smile:.

It's stage 1C, grade 1, with no spread anywhere, except to both ovaries. That is the most excellent news I could get based on what they saw in the surgery. I will go next Friday to discuss chemo and other treatments.

Am I the only one who is sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading this incredible update??? I was honestly preparing to hear the worst, and now it's so much better than I ever could have imagined.

I am so happy for you -- and so thankful for that lovely nurse practitioner who took the time to give you your results ahead of schedule.

I am so encouraged by the news, and so relieved for you. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Am I the only one who is sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading this incredible update??? I was honestly preparing to hear the worst, and now it's so much better than I ever could have imagined.

I am so happy for you -- and so thankful for that lovely nurse practitioner who took the time to give you your results ahead of schedule.

I am so encouraged by the news, and so relieved for you. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Exactly! It brought tears to my eyes.

That is just FANTASTIC!!! :party:

What wonderful news! It was caught so early - I'll bet in retrospect you're so thankful for that abdominal pain that got you in (well, that's how I feel anyway, it was abdominal pain that got me in, too). What a vast relief for you. Great news :001_smile:.

Yes! Even though it was the worst pain of my life, I am very thankful for it! It probably saved my life.

Believe me, we were ALL in tears around here yesterday! In fact, everyone I told burst into tears of joy immediately. Except dh, he's more of a stoic. He just breathed the biggest sigh I've ever heard.

The nurse practitioner was awesome. I'm so glad she was able to go through it all with me. Now I just have to talk about the chemo with the doctor. They're pretty sure I'll still need it because it had traveled from the tumor on my left ovary to the right ovary.