Menu

How long does it take a snake to shed?

Wadjet (DD7's corn snake) refused food and showed signs of shedding Monday, has been hiding all week, had the blue eyes yesterday (I dug down into the Aspen to make sure there was really a snake there-after four days of not seeing her, I was starting to be worried that we'd either lost her or that she'd died down there), and today her eyes are clear and she's actually out visible, but she's still very, very cloudy colored, so I don't think she's shed yet. How much longer before she finishes shedding and is her normal, reasonable to handle self again? DD is getting very frustrated at not being able to play with her pet. Although I did have to stifle a giggle when she explained to a friend's mother that she couldn't show her the snake because it was "That time of the month"!

WAlthough I did have to stifle a giggle when she explained to a friend's mother that she couldn't show her the snake because it was "That time of the month"!

I don't know snakes at ALL so I can't answer your question, but this made me :lol:.