Menu

When did Ellen McHenry...

I have not bought any of her curricula yet, but I've been browsing her site a lot lately. I came across this comment, which is in the store, under the Mapping the World with Art listing (hard copy).

HTH!

The "CD only" option gives you a CD containing a PDF of the entire curriculum booklet, plus the three supplemental DVDs. If you purchase the "CD only" option, you are welcome to print copies of the booklet for the students you are teaching. The hard copy option gives you the CD and DVDs and also one printed copy of the curriculum booklet. (However, I need to note that my printing costs have risen sharply recently, and I have had to reduce the number of color pages in the printed copies. The CD has many color illustrations . If you happen to own a color laser printer you can probably print a color copy of the history text for less than $5.)

I'm jealous! Mine is black and white.

Apparently she publishes her own materials and the cost for color printing went up; so she is limiting her color printing to keep her own cost down - and to keep our costs down. She was incredibly gracious in her e-mail and sent my money back to my pay pal. Now I'm trying to figure out how to send it back to her. We love her material and I opened my big fat mouth without navigating her site; had I looked more closely I would have realized that she has to print and send out all of her own materials. Inflation effects small businesses more than anyone else.

Darn it.

Apparently she publishes her own materials and the cost for color printing went up; so she is limiting her color printing to keep her own cost down - and to keep our costs down. She was incredibly gracious in her e-mail and sent my money back to my pay pal. Now I'm trying to figure out how to send it back to her. We love her material and I opened my big fat mouth without navigating her site; had I looked more closely I would have realized that she has to print and send out all of her own materials. Inflation effects small businesses more than anyone else.

Darn it.

Awww, that was nice. If you want to, you can send it right back to the same address. She isn't expecting it since she refunded you, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the gesture.

I'm impressed with her customer service. I will definitely order in the future, the very near future. :D

I guess my best bet would be the CD, and then just find the cheapest way to print in color. :confused: Or we can view on the iPad. I'll have to think about it.

Oh, and don't be hard at yourself, you didn't know!

Awww, that was nice. If you want to, you can send it right back to the same address. She isn't expecting it since she refunded you, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the gesture.

I'm impressed with her customer service. I will definitely order in the future, the very near future. :D

I guess my best bet would be the CD, and then just find the cheapest way to print in color. :confused: Or we can view on the iPad. I'll have to think about it.

Oh, and don't be hard at yourself, you didn't know!

How do I send it back? I'm not incredibly tech savvy (that's my husband's area of expertise). When I clicked on "details" (in my pay pal account), it just notes she gave a refund; it doesn't link me to (or give, that I can see) an email address attached to the refund?

Can you reply to her email and ask her where to send the money back and that you weren't expecting a refund?

I love Ellen McHenry's materials and I will buy them in whatever color they come!!!:)

I did. I in no way wanted a refund. I was disappointed, at the time, but I had no clue that she was *literally* a basement workshop.

I'll try to e-mail her again tomorrow - running the risk of earning stalker status.

I agree that her materials are wonderful and we plan on using the rest of her materials this year (except her geography; that might have to wait).

You should be able to click "send money" and then put her address in the blank. You can write in the memo/notes section to let her know why you are sending it back.

:iagree:

And in your paypal history you should have your original payment to her (look under payments sent). You can get the paypal address there. HTH!

You should be able to click "send money" and then put her address in the blank. You can write in the memo/notes section to let her know why you are sending it back.

That's it though - I see her business name (or, rather, it says "Ellen McHenry" in the "received" section), but no e-mail address. I paid using a pay pal link on her site, so I'm not sure what her e-mail is... or what e-mail is attached to her pay pal/business account (for example, my husband and I have several active e-mail accounts that we use daily for different things; only one is attached to our pay pal, kwim?).

I'm probably missing something insanely obvious on the pay pal site. I'll have to navigate it tomorrow with fresh eyes.

I'll try that! Will it be there even if I paid through a pay pal link on her site?

Yes. Your account history should have all payments sent and received (you can choose a time period if it wasn't recent). Find the ellen mchenry payment from the list of payments sent, and then click on details. That should take you to the info.