Menu

Would you buy this life science resource?

Would you buy this life science curriculum? (See post below.)  

1. 1. Would you buy this life science curriculum? (See post below.)

• Yes, absolutely
    • No, absolutely not
    • Other

I am in the process of planning a middle school life science program that focuses on modern biology--chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, and evolution. I'm wanting to do it in the SOTW style, conversational with a coherent narrative and something like the activity book so that families can pick what will work best for their students.

I believe that evolution is the unifying concept of biology and I intend to weave that idea throughout the program.

My question is: Would you buy a life science resource that portrays evolution as the central, organizing principle?

Thanks for voting!

I'd buy that even if I had a main curriculum already in use. Heck, since I'm the weirdie relative that buys educational books, I'd probably buy it for my young cousin as a Christmas present. (He never appreciates these things until the following September, but eventually an email comes from his mum saying how much he now likes it. The Charlie's Playhouse timeline went to school for show and tell.)

Rosie

I guess I should point out that the reason I ask is that it is possible to write a life science curriculum so that evolution can be pulled out by making it its own section. In fact, it seems to me that most resources do this, even secular ones. Even ones that are marketed to public schools.

I guess I should point out that the reason I ask is that it is possible to write a life science curriculum so that evolution can be pulled out by making it its own section. In fact, it seems to me that most resources do this, even secular ones. Even ones that are marketed to public schools.

Yes, I have made the same observation. And it bugs me! Upper level science isn't (and shouldn't be, imo) taught that way. Write it! I have considered doing a similar thing for earth science but I fear the market is small and my time is limited. Maybe someday.