Menu

Help Needed: Christmas Party Game Theme

I know it seems that the obvious response would be "ummmm....Christmas. Duh..." So, let me explain.

The last few years I've had my sisters and their families over for Christmas, and we've done a White Elephant-type of gift exchange. The last two we turned it into a "themed" gift to make it more interesting, and it has been a big hit. I forget what we did the year before last, but last year the gift had to be a creative spin on a Christmas carol. For example, someone wrapped up a bottle of melatonin, some Sleepy Time tea and an eye mask (...sleep in heavenly peace). Someone else brought a hula hoop, and so on.

I'm under pressure to come up with something even more interesting this year, and word on the street is that whatever theme I pick I'm supposed to try to carry it over to my food, too, if possible (we usually do heavy appetizers).

Help! I need a fun theme, with a couple of ideas to get me started. And I need it fast, because I have to get the "save the date" announcement out in the next day or so to ensure no one books other stuff.

I can't think of a thing