Menu

Pregnancy tests are meant to torment.

Okay, so I'm 10 days past ovulation. I believe I had implantation bleeding on Tuesday of this week. So, I've taken many tests now and I swear I see something. Then I don't. Then I do. If I tilt it right. Then the one I took this afternoon was the real kicker.... maybe, kinda saw something in the right light after a few minutes of taking it, then 10 minutes later, it was a SOLID BLUE DARK line. But, why didn't it show up that dark before 10 minutes? There is the whole evaporation line thing, but usually those supposedly are faint. This line was thin but DARK BLUE. So, I took another one an hour or two later, which I think was negative...but then again, perhaps there wasn't enough urine concentration build-up. UGHHHHHHHH. I really could scream. You would think by now in this day in age, someone could come up with a test to 100% tell you yes or no. :confused: Thank you for letting me vent.

The best thing is first morning. It would depend on the test and they all follow the same chemical principal. You should read in the allotted time, wait too long like 10 min later and the result on the stick could very well be different. And the time of the month in which you took the test. Most OTC test are done when you are at least a week late. You may want to go to you doctor for one that is more sensitive.

:grouphug:

Hope you know soon!

Oh man. I've SOOOOO been there - tilting it JUST right so that the light makes it look like a second line. Then I show it to dh and he NEVER sees the second line. But, I would think that a second line that was dark - even if it was just a couple minutes after the 10 minute limit would indicate a positive test. At least, I hope so!!!!

Praying it's positive! And, if it is, I'll gladly toast with a congratulatory drink tomorrow night!!!

It's so hard to be patient, isn't it?

I don't know if you're hoping for a positive or not, but every faint line I ever had . . . well, let's just say I never had a false positive!

Go out and buy another one and wait until FIRST thing in the morning. And post again!

We'll be waiting for you! :thumbup1:

Torment is exactly the right word. But, 10 days past ovulation is still very early!!! When I was trying to get pregnant, I had to make an agreement with myself that I would not test until 12 days after ovulation, in order to keep myself sane. I agree, buy another one and test in the morning. Maybe buy a two-pack and test tomorrow morning and then the next morning. Most tests should be sensitive enough to pick it up by then. It's so maddening, because unless you get a positive test or start your period there's just no way to know for sure. I always give myself a huge case of anxiety over pregnancy testing. Quite the emotional rollercoaster, if you ask me.

I hope you get your definitive answer soon!!!

You might try looking up the sensitivity of the brand of test you are using. There are charts out there that will tell you the sensitivity of each brand. If I remember correctly, some are sensitive to as low as an Hcg level of 25. Others are less sensitive at 100.

Hoping for a +++ for you!

Oh my goodness! The SAME THING happened to me last month. Everything from the ovulation to (what I thought) was implantation bleeding. I even took a test and, honestly, in certain light, it looked positive! But a few days later, I found out for sure that I wasn't.

We're on pg watch again this month!

Good luck - hope your prayers are answered this month!

For most women, the earliest you can get a positive on a sensitive test is 11DPO. Even then, you are more likely not to get one until 13dpo to 15dpo. Usually, a test will say how long after you use it when it becomes void. Let's say it is void at the 20-minute mark but you got the positive at the 10-minute mark? I'd say it is a valid positive!

Good luck!

Okay, so I'm 10 days past ovulation. I believe I had implantation bleeding on Tuesday of this week. So, I've taken many tests now and I swear I see something. Then I don't. Then I do. If I tilt it right. Then the one I took this afternoon was the real kicker.... maybe, kinda saw something in the right light after a few minutes of taking it, then 10 minutes later, it was a SOLID BLUE DARK line. But, why didn't it show up that dark before 10 minutes? There is the whole evaporation line thing, but usually those supposedly are faint. This line was thin but DARK BLUE. So, I took another one an hour or two later, which I think was negative...but then again, perhaps there wasn't enough urine concentration build-up. UGHHHHHHHH. I really could scream. You would think by now in this day in age, someone could come up with a test to 100% tell you yes or no. :confused: Thank you for letting me vent.

What brand was it? Some have evaporation lines and some do not.

BTW..I am 10dpo too with a 7/8 O date too.