Menu

Speed Queen questions

• 2 weeks later...

We have a Speed Queen washer. Dh thinks we paid around $700 for it last year. We bought it at a local appliance dealer, not a rent-to-own for big box store.

He doesn't know the difference in those two models off the top of his head, but says he remembers the tub sizes and motors being the same in all models. Only the features were different--things like an automatic extra rinse cycle.

Here's what dh said in another thread:

If you're looking for an "old-fashioned" washing machine with a electromechanical dial that does exactly what you tell it to do, you've made the right choice. We've had one for a couple years now, and it's great.

It makes no judgements or decisions. It just washes clothes exactly as you ask it to do. On top of that, they're still made in the USA.

OP here. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. The difference between the awn542 and the awn542s according to my appliance dealer is the stainless steel washing machine hoses. I chose the AWN432 because I didn't care about the extra cycle options. I paid $749.

I love it! No regrets. I can do an entire load start to finish (I also bought the dryer) in 60 minutes. My only small thing is that I had read online they are all metal parts but the agitator is plastic.

OP here. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. The difference between the awn542 and the awn542s according to my appliance dealer is the stainless steel washing machine hoses. I chose the AWN432 because I didn't care about the extra cycle options. I paid $749.

I love it! No regrets. I can do an entire load start to finish (I also bought the dryer) in 60 minutes. My only small thing is that I had read online they are all metal parts but the agitator is plastic.

Glad you love it! I'm ready to get the dryer, but my current dryer isn't ready to break yet! (Which is really a good thing financially!)