Menu

Visiting Golden, Colorado?

Golden Gate Canyon State Park is a beautiful park, and the leaves should still look beautiful. It's got a bunch of easy hikes.

http://www.parks.state.co.us/parks/goldengatecanyon/Pages/GoldenGateStatePark.aspx

We usually just park by the visitor center and hit the trail from there. You can drive farther in, I think. Lots of picnic tables and other good places to hike. I need to get up there ASAP!

Also if you are into geology type stuff the Colorado School of Mines has a cool museum. And if you are into trains, the Railroad Museum is fun.

http://coloradorailroadmuseum.org/?doing_wp_cron=1349833663.6350500583648681640625

Those are my top choices! It's a great town.

Sorry about the super long links.

Weather wise, it's been COLD at night: like, 30s. Daytime has been all over the place, it's trying to snap out of a cold spell (and failing, IMO). I haven't been here long enough to say what the end of October will be like. We went trick-or-treating last year in long sleeves, but no coats.

Weather wise, it's been COLD at night: like, 30s. Daytime has been all over the place, it's trying to snap out of a cold spell (and failing, IMO). I haven't been here long enough to say what the end of October will be like. We went trick-or-treating last year in long sleeves, but no coats.

I've been here most of my life.... I couldn't tell you what the end of October will be like:D

Welcome to Colorado!!!

I have spent the majority of Halloween nights in a snow storm. I have also sweated in 60 degree weather in a too-warm costume.

Layers people, layers. Put more on, take some off--- only way to survive here.

Nope, never take it for granted.

Oh, speaking of School of Mines, DD just got her FIRST college acceptance letter. To Mines! It's not her first choice school though. Pretty campus. But she wants to go to Taylor in Indiana.

Since she's our first DC, it's our family's first acceptance letter. Sort of a milestone.

There is a Buffalo Bill museum. Our kids liked that a lot. There are also dinosaur tracks preserved that you can park near and look at (fuzzy memory, but I found it online). The Colorado School of Mines museum was quite cool. Lots of really interesting and beautiful rock specimens.

We had a beautiful hike in White Ranch Park.