Menu

Printing issues with TOG

sweetpea3829

I have had printing problems for the past year. I have called several times about it. (I have a mac--my friend who has a pc has not had the same problems). I have both an HP color ink jet and brother b/w laser printer. same problem--my pages are offset to the point my page numbers are cut off, and if i fix them to not be offset it takes a year for them to print.

Today I noticed that there was a locklizard update. The people at TOG said that they were working on a fix for this problem. I have not printed anything yet, but I HOPE it is fixed. I'm about to ditch TOG over the whole locklizard issue.

ETA : Ya, nope. It's not fixed. I've done everything I know to sort out the problems and the TOG folks assure me it is not an issue on my end. I'm done trying, and sorely frustrated.

Edited by Hedgehogs4

I have had printing problems for the past year. I have called several times about it. (I have a mac--my friend who has a pc has not had the same problems). I have both an HP color ink jet and brother b/w laser printer. same problem--my pages are offset to the point my page numbers are cut off, and if i fix them to not be offset it takes a year for them to print.

Today I noticed that there was a locklizard update. The people at TOG said that they were working on a fix for this problem. I have not printed anything yet, but I HOPE it is fixed. I'm about to ditch TOG over the whole locklizard issue.

ETA : Ya, nope. It's not fixed. I've done everything I know to sort out the problems and the TOG folks assure me it is not an issue on my end. I'm done trying, and sorely frustrated.

Is it a Locklizard issue then? But not all folks are having trouble I take it. I just joined the Yahoo Group TOGLooseThreads and posted there to see if anybody else had an issue.

Is it a Locklizard issue then? But not all folks are having trouble I take it. I just joined the Yahoo Group TOGLooseThreads and posted there to see if anybody else had an issue.

I don't know for sure if it is specifically a lock lizard issue, but the tech guy at tog led me to believe that it was, and that it might be fixed with the update. We have tried the suggested solution for this problem that is posted on the help site, and, while it does show the page numbers, it will still only allow us to print in best format, which takes forever and utilizes tons of ink. No matter what we try we cannot override the best settings, which also has the unfortunate result of disallowing duplex printing. It is no solution at all. My only conclusion is that it must be in the format, and they are not really trying to accommodate iPad users. We have literally spent hours trying to solve the problem.

I am frustrated that tog is so concerned with their copy rights that they will use an inferior format. I think PDF is very successfully utilized by many companies with copyright issues. PHP uses PDF and their way makes perfect sense to me. Buy the curriculum...download it. Own it. You can even make updates available with a license number, and then voilà, you can print as many beautiful copies as you need. Okay...:rant: