Menu

Son's idea of how to make school fun

mom31257

Ds came up with an idea to make school work more fun. He said for every discussion that goes well or worksheet he gets everything right, I get to shoot him with the nerf gun and he has to try and dodge the bullets. There will be 3 tries for each subject. Sounds easy enough to me!

This came after an "incident" of school being fun. Ds and I were working on a vocabulary worksheet dealing with prefixes earlier today. We worked the whole page together, trying to match prefixes with their meanings and talking about the ways the prefixes are used, and then we read we were "supposed" to use the dictionary to find the meanings. He said, "It's more fun this way anyway."

Ds is one who doesn't usually think school is fun, but he does what's required of him. I acted all crazy and flung up my hands like I scored a touchdown, and then I wrote it on our calendar that he had said school was fun. He was laughing and laughing. I said we were having a party and made some cookies from frozen dough. I'm glad he came up with the idea of nerf gun shooting instead of cookies everyday. I don't think my waistline could take that!

:lol: DS8 loves the idea of regular Nerf wars throughout the day!

I find it so important to incorporate as much fun as possible into our days. Not only does it mean cheerful, cooperative pupils, but it's also a great stress reliever for mum too :001_smile:.

Keep the ideas coming!