Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-9-2012

Come on in!

On today's menu, we're featuring breakfast biscuits (with sausage, egg, and cheese if you like), PopTarts, Apple Cider, and coffee, which I've decided to have all at the same sitting! :D

For your grazing, er, snacking, pleasure we have raisins, kettle cooked chips, or baby carrots and snap peas.

Who's running behind today? ME! Wanted to start doing research for my class at 8am but because I forgot we didn't have any breakfast and snacking foods, had to make a run to the store. School is only from 12-3 today so I can do research and after that take kids to their history class at the library.

Who's had breakfast already? I'm just starting to dive in! ;)

Did any of you realize that Thanksgiving is only 6 weeks away??:001_huh:

Talk to me! :bigear:

On today's menu:

Breakfast for me was yogurt and tea. Kids got their own miscellaneous breakfast foods. Lunch will be tuna salad, and dinner will be leftover pork and bean soup.

Who's running behind today?

Us! But only slighly. The kids asked if we could go to the fitness center to work out today, so I said yes as long as they were ready to leave by 9am. They were ready by 9:10 so we went, but the center was crowded so we didn't do everything we wanted AND left a little later than I wanted, but we seem to be catching up.

Who's had breakfast already?

We ate before we went to exercise. (This whole "becoming a morning person" is shocking to me!)

Yes, but only because dh has to go to a conference the week before and I found out that there is going to be a Sufjan Stevens concert nearby the night before Thanksgiving. I'd love to get dh tickets as an early Christmas gift, but we started on a paying-off-the-debt asap budget, so I don't think we can afford to go. :glare: Guess I'll focus on a lean but fabulous Thanksgiving dinner instead. At least we'll be able to watch the Macy's parade this year (since basic cable is included in our rent... first time we've had TV in 6yrs... not sure if it's a good thing, though).

Aren't you supposed to be working? ;)

I always have breakfast right after my second cuppa coffee. It was, as always, Greek yogurt with berries and something. This week the something is coconut. Youngest had gf blueberry waffles. Older had mac-n-cheese, yogurt and a banana (she gets up and hour before her sister).

I'm not tecnically running behind. I still have my migraine which is somewhat controlled by medication so I'm medicated not behind. Anything I accomplish is a big win. I have a meeting at 4 which requires me to not just show up, but bet intelligent and articulate. I don't have high hopes for that.

Youngest is watching pbs knowing that if she's quiet she can get away with just about anything when I have a migraine. Oh well. SHe's been fed and is dressed so I'm not so bad.

Thanksgiving? really? I guess I need to decide if we're going to Texas or staying home this year. Let me peek at my bank account.... Home it is. I'm saving to go to Tokyo to watch ds graduate in June.

Good to see everyone! We're still missing a few though . . .

Karen, shhh! I'm working on it but you should know how hard it is to concentrate on work/homework while kids are around! Usually I'd go to the Sbux down the street but I was running late AND I need to have the ability to print things off for my research.

Girl, we need to find you a CURE for those migraines!

Thanksgiving for us will be in Florida! So excited. I was tired of having Thanksgiving in the desert!

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner done here. :)

I've been a day behind all day today. I woke up thinking it was Monday and carried on until I checked the schedule at about noon. It's TUESDAY! And that meant I missed my chance to meet Alex Trebek this morning and try out for Jeopardy! I could have just cried when I realized it.

The rest of the week is super busy, but man, I'm so mad at myself right now.

Come on in!

On today's menu, we're featuring breakfast biscuits (with sausage, egg, and cheese if you like), PopTarts, Apple Cider, and coffee, which I've decided to have all at the same sitting! :D

For your grazing, er, snacking, pleasure we have raisins, kettle cooked chips, or baby carrots and snap peas.

Who's running behind today?

Who's had breakfast already?

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good afternoon! Our treat of the day was pumpkin bread, courtesy of my dd15's baking session last night! It was heavenly and perfect for this cool, cloudy day!

I'm actually on schedule today. We were pretty productive this morning! I do need to grab a quick shower and change clothes before taking the girls to dance classes. I did my 2.5 miles on the treadmill while the kids had lunch. I'm considering going to a Gentle Holy Yoga (yoga done to scripture meditations) at my church this evening. I've never done yoga though and am a little "scared" of trying something new in front of others!

Yes, I am very aware of how quickly Thanksgiving is approaching! My dd will be dancing in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, so she has had a running countdown for months now! We will be traveling up there the Saturday before THanksgiving and staying for the week. I have a lot to do before then!

Breakfast was 4 oz. green smoothie, eggs, 1 everything bagel thin.

I don't have a morning snack but your snack sounds tasty for afternoon!

Yes, we are behind today and I should not be here. In fact, you don't see me! :leaving:

I am just trying to get through today and tomorrow and then hopefully this weekend. What is this 6 weeks away you speak of?