Menu

X-post: What readers to go with Dancing Bears A-C

My son is likely mildly dyslexic, but I do not have a dx. I have read and read and read and think I will order Dancing Bears for him. I don't think he's ready for Fast Track.

I'd like to get him some really fun readers. I heard mentioned somewhere in the many threads that the High Noon books are good - Tom and Ricky? I know some also use Pathway readers, but are those fun and interesting stories? In other words I'd like him to not feel like it's part of his reading lesson, but just some great little books that he can really read. Not babyish.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

My DS12 has severe dyslexia and I use both high noon books and pathway readers. The high noon books are interesting, but we have had more success using Pathway readers with the workbooks. We do a chapter a day.

I started my DS out with Dancing Bears (this is the program I credit that got him finally reading last year), but in retrospect, I should have started my DS with Bear Necessities, which is the industrial strength version of Dancing Bears.

Thank you Shellers! The High Noon books just look like regular books that would be engaging, but of course I'd want something that reinforces what we are doing in our reading lesson. Pathway readers look good, but I am not sure where to start. DS does not need Bear Necessities I don't think. His troubles are in reversals, putting the end of the word first, remembering a word he just read the sentence before, and sometimes blending 4-5 letter words. I think he looks ready for book A. Any advice on which pathway readers to get initially?