Menu

Can you point me to good ideas?

My dd (7) spends a large chunk of time at her dance studio every Saturday, as do several other girls around her age. Many of them have an hour-long break in the morning and it's just enough time to get into mischief. I thought it would be nice to have an educational, fun group activity the girls could do. I'm thinking of reading a book then doing an activity. Any reading guides with activities that will work within the following parameters? We're in a pretty narrow hallway, have no internet and will probably have to sit on the floor. Really messy crafts will probably be frowned upon by the studio owner and really boring drills will be frowned on by the girls.

I've thought about FIAR, but that's about as far as I got. Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you!

crochet/knitting, healthy snack? just be sure to state any costs or materials needed up front.

But where are the parents? is it really OK with the studio to leave children that young unsupervised for that long? At our studio, girls of that age have all of their classes scheduled back-to-back... if one girl doesn;t do one of the classes in the middle (say, ballet-tap-jazz, skipping tap) the parent stays there with them. But our studio is also in a 2-story office building. My girls have breaks between classes and they just do homework- but they're much older.

Parents are not required to stay. I have stayed the entire time, until this year. And, dd's Saturday classes were back-to-back, but someone else complained that their classes were not, so a switch was made and now their classes are and our classes are not. DD is also in a crew number which rehearses after 1:30 most Saturdays, so she has another hour and 45-minute break in the afternoon.

This is new to us this year, but with DS's activities on Saturday it's hard to stay at the studio from 9:30 to 2:30.