Menu

My awesome pet store score today!!!

So we are dealing with fleas! ICK! I have sprayed the whole house with lavender/tea tree oil, bathed the inside cat with tea tree oil twice and rinsed with blue dawn. I haven't had any new bites since doing all of this but the gross factor is still there so I went to the pet store. Three treatments for 1 cat was $26.00!!! Holy buckets! I put it in the cart and was looking for flea bombs. I saw a huge clearance bin and in it was TONS and TONS of flea spray in the Hart brand they are discontinuing. I bought enough flea drops for 20 cats, (we only have 2) and a pack of bombs, a bottle of spray for the cat, a huge bottle of furniture/rug spray all for $2 a piece! I spent $26 total. The lady said "Your savings is $282!" Whoo hooooo! We bombed the house today before church, ran home and opened windows and left again. I feel much better now that that is done. I even bombed the shed where the cats and chickens are. Now to figure out what to do with the stray cat that I can't catch to treat........

PLEASE research Hartz fleaproducts. The flea drops and collars have KILLED many animals! I found out after I used regular Hartz puppy shampoo. $200 later, my dog will be on steroids until the end of the month from PUPPY shampoo, NOT flea. He broke out in bumps right away and two days later was covered in a skin infection. I did some research and was horrified to see how many animals have been harmed or killed by Hartz products. They need to be put out of business IMO.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'd hate for you to end up with a dead cat.

Oh, and a month earlier my friend used Harts flea drops on her dog. His back started to ooze blood and this has cost my friend a LOT of money and her dog a lot of suffering.

PLEASE research Hartz fleaproducts. The flea drops and collars have KILLED many animals!

Yes! Please don't use those products until you do lots of research!

One of my dogs went into convulsions and then died when I was a teenager after my mother used a Hartz flea product on him. After the fact, we discovered this was a known problem. That was 30 years ago. This is not a new discovery.

Yes! Please don't use those products until you do lots of research!

One of my dogs went into convulsions and then died when I was a teenager after my mother used a Hartz flea product on him. After the fact, we discovered this was a known problem. That was 30 years ago. This is not a new discovery.

WHY is this company in business? it angers me to no end! The products are still causing convulsions and death.

Oh dear lord!!!! I looked at the box of bombs. It isn't Hart brand, it is Zodiac. Does anyone know about them? One of the drops is called "Sentry". How about them? Thanks for the warning. I did treat both cats with the Hartz (not Hart like I thought). I hope they will be OK. Now I am scared.

Sentry really isnt much better- IMO: If you can find it at the Dollar Store (which you can find both Hartz and Sentry) its NOT worth getting.

It was a great deal at the pet store because it wasnt selling. Thats the sad part.

Next time get the best you can afford.

I did treat both cats with the Hartz (not Hart like I thought). I hope they will be OK. Now I am scared.
Were the drops specifically for cats?

Oh dear lord!!!! I looked at the box of bombs. It isn't Hart brand, it is Zodiac. Does anyone know about them? One of the drops is called "Sentry". How about them? Thanks for the warning. I did treat both cats with the Hartz (not Hart like I thought). I hope they will be OK. Now I am scared.

How long ago did you treat them?

There is a TON of info, including lawsuits against Hartz.

I used the Hartz once on our cat, nothing real bad happened, but I could tell right away that it upset him...to me it looked like the reaction you get when a strong smell stings your eyes, squinting, not looking happy.

I thought he was acting weird after, too. We never used it again. We usually use Frontline and have had no problems with it.