Menu

Multiple yellow jacket stings

DS 4 is all calmed down now but right after I posted last I heard terrible screaming. He was outside with the older kids. I ran out and they said he had lots of yellow jackets all over his head. My neighbor came over and we sprayed his entire head with dermoplast. :tongue_smilie: I see about 4 spots on his scalp, 1 on his cheek and 1 on his ear.

His ear is a little swollen and the spots on his head look like mosquito bites. Is there anything else I should look for? I did give him some liquid benadryl I had on hand.

I would just watch him for things like an itchy throat or trouble breathing. It should be ok, but just in case (my oldest took many stings to become allergic with an epi pen).

:iagree:

Dh got attacked by a swarm of wasps before our wedding........ Around 25 years ago or so. He did take Benadryl and I called the doctor or ER because he had 28 or 48 or something stings. I don't remember exactly how many but think it was 28. He was COVERED. I stayed with him all night to keep an eye on him. My grandmother and Aunt were visiting at the time. SCANDALOUS!!! :lol::lol::lol:

My mom, OTOH, had received a sting or two at some point in her life. When she developed an allergy after a sting, her face blew up and my dad said she was unrecognizable. She was rushed to the ER and carried an epi pen with her at all times.

I think you woukd know pretty quickly if there was an issue.

Poor little guy!!!

I am allergic to yellow jacket and wasps. I would keep a close eye on him because he can have a secondary attack later on. If shows any signs of difficulty breathing or any numbness or tingling of lips, tongue, throat, etc. take him to the hospital right away. I would keep him dosed with Benedryl at least through the night.

I am allergic to yellow jacket and wasps. I would keep a close eye on him because he can have a secondary attack later on. If shows any signs of difficulty breathing or any numbness or tingling of lips, tongue, throat, etc. take him to the hospital right away. I would keep him dosed with Benedryl at least through the night.

I didn't know about a secondary attack. I do remember the doc asking if he had any of the above symptoms.

Perhaps sleep with him so you can check on him through the night?