Menu

Crafters Update thread

I forgot to post at the end of July because I was packing my house. I forgot to post at the end of August because I was unpacking my house. I forgot to post at the end of September because I had gotten out of the habit of posting. :tongue_smilie:

Needless to say, I can't remember July, didn't do any crafting in August beyond sewing a few badges on my blanket and haven't done any during September because it is SPRING and I've been focused on my garden!

But Christmas is coming and all that. I should probably get a groove on this month, but not tonight because I've run out of chocolate. Can't accomplish grand things without brain food, can one?

Am I the only lazy bum, or will others confess to lying around on sofas in the evenings instead of being productive?

:)

Rosie

Hooray, you're back to posting!!!

Sorry, I cannot confess to lazing around on the couch. Well, in August I did not craft, as we were on our annual US trip visiting relatives and such. In July and all the other months prior to August, I was frantically trying to finish a baby quilt, by hand, because we would see the baby in August. By hand, because I didn't have a working machine.

It didn't get finished before August, but I did bring home a brand new sewing machine (hooray!!) and so in the month we've been home, I finished the baby quilt!!!!!

This was my own design, and is *480* small triangles pieced into columns. WHY I thought this would be a fun way to do this quilt is beyond me, but it is over and done now and looks good if you ask me. It is my first start-to-finish quilt that I've done all by myself; only my 2nd quilt top to finish (that one, someone else quilted for me).

Here it is! My cool, fun argyle, not nerdy argyle, baby quilt -- titled "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"

I started a needlepoint ornament for the Waltz of the Flowers from Nutcracker. It's a painted canvas project, but I made my own stitch guide so it's more interesting than the standard tent stitch a lot of people do on the painted canvas. I found some leftover velveteen that can be used for a backing and I plan to finish (meaning actually cutting the canvas, making the backing, stuffing the ornament, etc.) the ornament myself. My 7-year old daughter is in her first Nutcracker as a party girl this year so I am making the ornament for her.

Ah, well then, you lot don't need me! :svengo: :sob: :sob: :tongue_smilie:

Good work ladies, and YES I'm so glad it's spring!

I do hope I can get back to crafting, but I spend my days jumping up every five minutes to make sure ds hasn't wandered away from the house, so it is impossible to settle in to a project. But anyway, it is nicer here than where we used to live. :)

i've been sewing curtains lately. i made some for my bathroom, my kitchen, and my living room. yesterday i made a burlap table runner for thanksgiving & it turned out cute. last week i made my little girl a purple silky shirt (her choice of fabric and design) and it turned out pretty cute too:)...

post-21605-13535087642017_thumb.jpg

I made a really really nice dress in September. It is purple and blue silk that was given to me (handmade in Thailand). I made it especially for meeting DH when he came back from Canada. I have never had a silk dress before, and I was surprised how easy silk was to sew.

Silk is easy? :svengo:

You were brave enough to cut silk handmade in Thailand? :svengo::svengo:

when I was a girl, my grandmother made me a quilt that I loved. It was ladies wearing bonnets of various materials appliqued and embroidered. I thought for awhile that it was gone forever, but it turns out that my brother had it. I got it back but it is pretty tattered.

So I am making one myself. I traced the design and each square is unique with the ladies all having different bonnet fabrics, eye colors and hair colors. I need 36 and I am on block #22 or 23. I started in August, so I am making excellent progress. I do this at night while watching TV. I will have sashing between each block of various fabrics. It will not really have a color theme. It will just be a riot of multiple colors. I can't wait to finish!

The first photo is of my grandmother's quilt, and the second is of some of my completed blocks.

Currently my curtains in the dining room are having an identity crisis. I decided to change them, and only have sewing one panel. They are currently a traditional neutral damask AND a modern black and burlap print.

I have one hundred quilts in progress.

I need to start finishing some things before starting anything else.

when I was a girl, my grandmother made me a quilt that I loved. It was ladies wearing bonnets of various materials appliqued and embroidered. I thought for awhile that it was gone forever, but it turns out that my brother had it. I got it back but it is pretty tattered.

So I am making one myself. I traced the design and each square is unique with the ladies all having different bonnet fabrics, eye colors and hair colors. I need 36 and I am on block #22 or 23. I started in August, so I am making excellent progress. I do this at night while watching TV. I will have sashing between each block of various fabrics. It will not really have a color theme. It will just be a riot of multiple colors. I can't wait to finish!

The first photo is of my grandmother's quilt, and the second is of some of my completed blocks.

Those are gorgeous.

I want to start a "Grandma's flower garden quilt" with hexies. I have forced myself to hold off until I finish my current baby quilt gifts. I really need a hand sewing job for night time/traveling.