Menu

Help me choose which book for this week...

SFM

So, we are on chapter 6 in SOTW Vol.3 New Colonies in the New World. I have several books to choose from (we have all the Sonlight Core D reader and read alouds). So, now it's just deciding because I want to do them all and I have to limit myself.

The little picture book ones are no big deal we can read those together in the a.m. with my daughters as well or before naptime.

We have all the BF press books for Early American history as well, those include for this week.

Picture books (easy reading)

Obadiah Thy Friend

Obadiah the Bold

Obadiah and Rachel all by Brinton Turkle

The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh

Samuel Eaton's Day and Sarah Morton's Day by Kate Waters

The Pilgrims of Plimoth by Marcia Sewall

Then, I have the readers/read aloud options....

Squato, Friend of the Pilgrims by Clyde Robert Bulla (I think my son 3rd (8yo) would be able to read this independently to go along with this week, he could do it during this Silent Sustained Reading time). Although, I kind of wanted to read it with him! :)

Then, I have

Landmark Books The Landing of the Pilgrims by James Daugherty

and FINALLY...

Pilgrim Stories by Margaret Pumphrey (which looks great but I might have to read it aloud as some of the vocab might stump him).

Both of these books seem to have very similar chapters and cover a lot of the same things...am I off here?

Thoughts? Give it all up?

Usually the afternoons are reserved for reading here, we usually read aloud in the afternoon for about 60-90 minutes. Depending on the books and if I am begged to continue. We are ABOUT to finish Five Children and It by E Nesbit because I like just having a good book to read that has nothing to do with what we are studying.

So, trim it down? Help me choose please. I have no read any of these books for myself and since my son is my first I am not sure which would be great and which wouldn't go over so well. We like looking at history from all perspectives and how all lives were changed because of 'xyz'. My son LOVES being read to so that's not a problem, I just don't want to be overwhelmed.

Thoughts?:bigear:

Edited by SFM