Menu

No, and it is a point of contention between dh and me. We have a glass table and I am tired of looking at everyone's legs. He hates tablecloths or placemats and says they are gross (?) and a waste of time.

He wins for now because we have a shared laundry in our townhome building (so I try to keep laundry to a minimum anyway) but when we buy a single-family home (with w/d hookup) next year, I will have one fancy table, thank you very much. :tongue_smilie:

I had to giggle yesterday in Pier 1 while I was shopping. They had really fancy beaded ones at were "dry clean only" types.

I think I'm too frugal to drop off my place mats at the dry cleaners...must be that some folks do though.

I mean seriously, dry clean your place mats? That must cost a fortune! :lurk5:

I had to giggle yesterday in Pier 1 while I was shopping. They had really fancy beaded ones at were "dry clean only" types.

I think I'm too frugal to drop off my place mats at the dry cleaners...must be that some folks do though.

I mean seriously, dry clean your place mats? That must cost a fortune! :lurk5:

:lol: Yeh, that wouldn't go over well here. Not a fan of anything that is dry clean only.

We use placemats for special occasions and also for Tuesday Tea Time. The kids love it when we are "fancy". :lol:

I don't have enough of them to use daily, I just have the ones we received for wedding/shower gifts. Oh, and also some holiday ones that someone made for us.

We also have a tons of the laminated kiddo place mats. You know, the ones with the human body, multiplication tables, the Presidents, Maps, etc. I usually use those for the kids every day to help contain their messes and they usually look over them from time to time or talk about them with each other. Hoping for that osmosis thing. :001_smile: