Menu

I hope this wasn't any of our posters...

That is very close to us, though I did not know the family.

They were fairly new to homeschooling, so I hate that it was even brought up. :glare: (I know it is always mentioned because people want to know what school the kids went to... But then so many people want to attack homeschooling, which I find unfair.)

That is very close to us, though I did not know the family.

They were fairly new to homeschooling, so I hate that it was even brought up. :glare: (I know it is always mentioned because people want to know what school the kids went to... But then so many people want to attack homeschooling, which I find unfair.)

Yes. This is a horrible tragedy, which will unfortunately be used by some people to further vilify homeschooling.

He was pulled in Jan 2012. I'm speculating the young man was having some issues before this.

Poor family

My thoughts exactly. His conversation with the 911 operator does not give the impression of someone of sound mind. Most teens who are taken out of school to homeschool in the last year of HS are at risk of dropping out otherwise (if anyone remembers the stats from"Dropout Nation").

He was pulled in Jan 2012. I'm speculating the young man was having some issues before this.

My thoughts exactly. His conversation with the 911 operator does not give the impression of someone of sound mind.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I saw his mug shot, and he looked like such a sweet young man, but his comments were incredibly bizarre.

I can't even begin to imagine what the father and other kids are going through right now. This is beyond my imagination. :(

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I saw his mug shot, and he looked like such a sweet young man, but his comments were incredibly bizarre.

I can't even begin to imagine what the father and other kids are going through right now. This is beyond my imagination. :(

:iagree: He just looked confused.

So sad. I can't even begin to imagine... Poor family.

Poor family

I too wondered if he was basically asked to leave high school. As I was just watching on Dropout Nation, kids normally don't just leave school at the very end to homeschool. I don't understand why, no matter what the problem, people seem to just reach for a gun as the "solution."