Menu

Cheap/Easy Adult Halloween Costumes

Every year our family goes to a Halloween party with mandatory dress up. Can you help me think of something for DH and I that is quick and easy? Maybe funny?

Last year we went as an Occupier and a 1%-er. (DH put on a suit and fashioned a 1% sign out of silver pipe cleaners. I was kind of proud of him for being so crafty.)

I went to my nephews Costume party a few weeks ago as a HELICOPTER MOM.

Took my son's remote control helicopter (amazon, $20), taped the landing gear to a large barrett.

Put it in my hair, and when people came near me, I'd use the remote to turn on the gear.

Kids loved it. Adults thought it was hilarious.

My dh and I went one year as Charlie Brown and Snoopy. We found a bright yellow t-shirt and drew the zig-zag on with a sharpie marker. Then I wore white sweat pants and a white sweat shirt with black spots and ears cut from felt. Then, I bought a cheap red dog collar and a red plastic dog dish that I wore on my head.

I'm going to have DD make me some duct tape roller skates, put on a T-shirt, helmet, striped leggings, shorts, fingerless gloves, and knee and elbow pads (most of which we already have at home) and be a roller derby girl. I may add some embellishments like a fake tattoo, a black eye, and a punny name.