Menu

I just saw a 4yo boy hit his grandmother!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about providing a licenced day home? Yeah, I *did* have info like that, b/c parents gave it to me, in order to provide the proper atmosphere for their kidlets.

And, I dunno about you, but when I'm good friends w/someone, spending time w/them and their kiddo, yeah, it DOES come up and get discussed. Esp if you're good enough friends to be commiserating about being in the parenting trenches, etc.

Not assumptions about kids on the street, talking about kids who I've known over the yrs, known the parents, worked for, etc.

I agree. There are plenty of sn kids that should just be told no sometimes too! Mine included.

I know a wonderfully neurotypical just turned 3 year old who gives his parents heck. A lot of it is because no has different meanings depending on the day and mood. He hits his mother often and every single time, she gets frustrated a pucks him up, which is what he wanted and she refused.

Not a clue where i'm going with this...

Um, so? It's still aggravating, and requires everyone else to unbold and then bold or highlight something when responding.

It's always been aggravating. How 'bout I adopt this font and size as my normal?

Irritating? Um, yeah.

If everyone would use this font, I sure would be happy. I found this VERY easy to read.

Can you pick a darker color though?:tongue_smilie:

click on the big a next to the font number. Does this color make you want to gouge your eyes out?

:lol: yes, it does.

Uh, were they your own kids? Because if they weren't there is no way you could know confidential information about someone else's child.

I taught special ed., several years with "behaviour disordered" children, and I know that problems go a lot deeper than you will ever know because it's confidential and no one's business.

:iagree: I used to be a Special Ed TA in a severe/profound school and also one for behavioral disorders.

Boy has this thread devolved. First we judge a poster for judging a child. Gee, that child might have special needs.

Then we attack someone for their choice of font, who, by the way, DOES have some special needs.

I guess we only think about special needs when it is convenient.

I am so sorry I came to get the updates on this thread!

Punctured eyeballs. OUCH. The green was the worst.

TranquilMind, that pumpkin-colored screaming episode of yours was...was...I can't think of an acceptable description so I'll just say it was seasonal.

Seasonal.... :lol::lol::lol:

I die.

I can't BELIEVE that no one here is appalled at this! People would LET their child hit their grandmother and not do anything about it??

Maybe the mom on hsingscrapper's bus is one of the WTM moms who hates her MIL and is letting her son do the dirty work for her.

Sheesh.

:lol: there went my coffee!

If everyone would use this font, I sure would be happy. I found this VERY easy to read.

Lol. You must be on the far (far, far, far) side of thirty...like me. Yes, larger font is easier to read. Especially on my 27 inch monitor, that is larger than my childhood television.

The color is awful, I agree.

Boy has this thread devolved. First we judge a poster for judging a child. Gee, that child might have special needs.

Then we attack someone for their choice of font, who, by the way, DOES have some special needs.

I guess we only think about special needs when it is convenient.

No "attack" occurred. Merely a request, more than one, as I recall.

However, if there are special needs that require a bold font on every post, then I will retract all I said and apologize. So, Bold Poster, please inform me if this is so.

No "attack" occurred. Merely a request, more than one, as I recall.

However, if there are special needs that require a bold font on every post, then I will retract all I said and apologize. So, Bold Poster, please inform me if this is so.

Do you routinely ask people to change something to suit you? I really don't get your problem with Imp's font. I honestly can't imagine getting so worked up over a bold font that I would be rude and ask someone to do it differently just because that's what I like.

Then you truly are missing the entertainment! :D

Dawn

Plenty of people have annoying posting habits. If it bothers you enough, then you can put them on ignore. It is a fantastic feature. Most of the people on mine are people I think are crazy and/or excessively rude.

How true.

It's always a good time for bacon.

And cupcakes.

MMMMmmm Bacon and cupcakes. Seriously could there BE two more perfect foods? Crispy salty crunchy fat, and miniature perfectness for one

:001_wub: I love food.

And I just got back from Costco. I have LOTS to eat :D

And man, that green made me blind for a second. AGAIN

And I cannot be blamed for my sig. A friend found it for me

Well, if we're going to demand folks post just how we want things, Lisamarie, will you please change your sig? It makes me crave BACON!

:D

But see I'm trying to make everyone gain weight so I can feel better about myself.

MMMMmmm Bacon and cupcakes. Seriously could there BE two more perfect foods? Crispy salty crunchy fat, and miniature perfectness for one

:001_wub: I love food.

And I just got back from Costco. I have LOTS to eat :D

And man, that green made me blind for a second. AGAIN

And I cannot be blamed for my sig. A friend found it for me

I was in Tim Horton's today. They have a bacon-topped muffin. THe muffin had maple frosting, so it was very much like a cupcake. Just thought you should know that.

I was in Tim Horton's today. They have a bacon-topped muffin. THe muffin had maple frosting, so it was very much like a cupcake. Just thought you should know that.

:drool: I just recently tried a waffle with bacon and syrup. OMG it is going to be my standby cheat meal.

Oh Tim Horton's :crying:

It makes me miss my other mommy. Yes, I love my MIL. I have two moms for reals

Ok, I'm in. I will have cupcakes and salty chips.

Oooh and peanut butter filled pretzels. And a bag of nacho chips and a vat of cheese sauce.

And WAFFLES drowning maple syrup.

And salty caramel FUDGE.

And fresh warm donuts filled with custard.

Oh and hot out of the oven brownies with vanilla ice cream dripping all over

And a cold beer to wash it all down before I die :lol:

In my dreams :crying: except not the part where I die

Oooh and peanut butter filled pretzels. And a bag of nacho chips and a vat of cheese sauce.

And WAFFLES drowning maple syrup.

And salty caramel FUDGE.

And fresh warm donuts filled with custard.

Oh and hot out of the oven brownies with vanilla ice cream dripping all over

And a cold beer to wash it all down before I die :lol:

In my dreams :crying: except not the part where I die

Maple fudge is good

And I never did try that cupcake vodka.

Warm donuts! :svengo:

Maple fudge is good

And I never did try that cupcake vodka.

Warm donuts! :svengo:

I'm craving sweets too :grouphug:

I just got back from food shopping and Costco had tons of samples. And they had Tiramisu :svengo: And the giant custom sheet cakes were RIGHT in front of the produce center.

I resisted them all.

Atta girl.

Our lil swellmomma is growing up. *sniffle* So proud. So, so proud. :D

Not so much growing up as much as easily led :lol::lol:

I got my initial burst out and then was okay to change my mind. But seriously I think I am breaking out the ignore feature for my very first time here.

Seriously, right? I wouldn't even need my glasses to read the forums.;)

I don't get why anyone would be annoyed by anyone else's style. That's like saying, "Why do you insist on always wearing a scarf? They really irritate me.":confused:

I think the moral of the original story is: Don't make assumptions when you don't know the whole story.

I now try to imagine that idiotic drivers have explosive diarrhea and can't help themselves. I think I have Mrs. Mungo to thank for that!:)

I am so sorry I came to get the updates on this thread!

Punctured eyeballs. OUCH. The green was the worst.

TranquilMind, that pumpkin-colored screaming episode of yours was...was...I can't think of an acceptable description so I'll just say it was seasonal.

I seriously just LOLed.:lol::lol:

But see I'm trying to make everyone gain weight so I can feel better about myself.

As well you should.

I wish I could push a button and receive bacon.

It would be a dream come true.

I'm craving sweets too :grouphug:

I just got back from food shopping and Costco had tons of samples. And they had Tiramisu :svengo:

I love the frozen Tiramisu that they sell at Costco. I love it so much that sometimes I can't even wait until it defrosts before I start eating it.

I might even be willing to forego the bacon if I could push a button and get tiramisu.