Menu

Silly vent, but...I can NOT squeeze my rolly-polly 16 month dd into jeans!

I bought my 18month old daughter a few pairs of jeans for fall/winter, in addition to leggings. She looks indecent in leggings (her father and my sister completely agree)...jeans aren't much better and she can't keep them buttoned. If I go up a size, she can't walk since she is so short. I'm on a mission to find her some cute dresses that are long enough to cover her lower half (it seems her dresses rise a bit in the back because her bottom half is a bit bigger than it should be) and she can wear with leggings underneath.

She is actually not chubby, completely average sized...Look at her top half and she looks like a normal 18month old...Look at her lower half in comparsion to her top half and it's like "That's where all her weight is"...:tongue_smilie:

We cloth diaper, so I know the feeling! I have skinny kids with giant cloth diaper bums, and I almost always put them in stretchy pants to accommodate the diaper.

When when DD potty trained, suddenly her pants were all too big. Even the buttonhole elastic waist jeans don't really stay up. From one extreme to the other . . .

In fact, besides the jeans, there are a couple of outfits that she's like a stuffed sausage in too!

Poor chubby baby:tongue_smilie:. She has her mother's thighs!

Quit trying! :lol: My 19 month old is pretty chubby herself and right now she lives in little dresses (it's still hot here). But I bought her a bunch of little leggings to go under them when it cools off. Real pants do NOT fit. My older kids affectionately call her "chubby tummy." Poor thing! I really am hoping she thins out some as she grows. My other girls were not this chubby at her age.

Quit trying! :lol: My 19 month old is pretty chubby herself and right now she lives in little dresses (it's still hot here). But I bought her a bunch of little leggings to go under them when it cools off. Real pants do NOT fit. My older kids affectionately call her "chubby tummy." Poor thing! I really am hoping she thins out some as she grows. My other girls were not this chubby at her age.

Yep. I've got one, too. My DD 3 is pretty thin. But DD 21 mo. is a chub. I recently skipped completely over size 2's and just started dressing her in DD 3's clothes. It's working out fine. DD3 even made up a song about it, "You're a chubby baby and you're wearing my clothes." It's kind of catchy. We sing it a lot. :001_smile:

I think jeans for babies and toddlers are kind of ridiculous anyway. Not very practical! Neither of my kids could really wear them at that age. My son is super lean now. My daughter carries a little more weight than her super skinny brother, but is wearing size 8 at age 8, dances, looks cute in leotards, etc. She was such a roly poly baby she couldn't wear mary jane style shoes until she was like 3.