Menu

Sick and Sad :(

My mom is having big time back surgery tomorrow morning. I am supposed to be driving there right now (3 hours away) to be with her during the long surgery. Instead, I am at home in my bed sicker than I have been in over three years with some horrible flu that struck at 2pm. I am so sad that I am not there to help, I know she is feeling anxious and after having all of that necessary talk about serious stuff (complications, DNRs, her wishes regarding life support) I am absolutely scared that something will happen and I won't be there. :(

And whatever I have strikes every 10-15 minutes with debilitating cramps, vomit, and ... 'intestinal issues'. My body hurts, my head is killing me, but more than all of that my heart hurts that I can't be there with my mom. She is so kind and understanding, but I still feel awful.

If you could spare a prayer or positive thought for her safety, I would so appreciate it.

Oh my goodness, what an awful situation. What IS it with viruses this year? since my dd was hospitalized with one over the summer, I have heard so many people tell me they are the sickest they've been, or in years, including myself!

I feel horrible for you and your mother both. That REALLY stinks! But thank God you got sick ahead of time instead of getting it while you were with mom.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Heal up and go see her during recovery when she will REALLY need you. I wonder if they can scan in the docs for you to read with your mom on the phone? I am sure something can be worked out.

Praying for you and your mom! :grouphug:

I am hoping that this is one of those nasty-but-quick bugs, and that you'll feel Ok soon, so that maybe you can leave very early in the morning and still get to the hospital to be with your mom.

I was in a similar situation with my mom once (I came down with chickenpox) so I know just how you're feeling. It's really awful. :(

:grouphug: Hugs and prayers. We may be in a similar situation this weekend. Dear fil is having heart valve replacement surgery Wednesday. We plan to leave Sunday to hang out with him before the surgery. We (dh and I) may be coming down with a cold. Sigh.

That stomach bug is a nightmare. It makes me seriously question God:glare:. We will pray for your mom and you.

I'm sorry you can't be there -- your virus sounds like what i had two weeks ago - i kept taking immodium for about 5 days - every four hours - the cramps stopped, i didn't feel great, but i wasn't doubled over in pain. It took about 6 days to go away.

praying for peace for all of you.:grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Praying that you'll recover speedily so you can be a help to your mom during her recovery, and that the surgery goes perfectly. I know it's hard but it's probably better that this hit you now rather than later. Back surgery recovery is hard, and she'll need you more for that. And you won't want to be sick then and be worried that you'll spread anything to her.

Thank you all so very, very much. The prayers and kind wishes help more than you know.

I am feeling a little better this morning, but my two youngest got sick last night as well and I can't risk going today and getting her sick.

She just went into surgery, and her husband and my grandmother are both there with her. My step brother and his wife will be visiting tonight and he made sure to let me know that I wasn't to worry, that he would fill in for me. Her sisters have been on the phone with her all this week, and her middle sister will be arriving on Tuesday (the day after she gets back) to help her. So, she has plenty of love and care and a very active church family that will be bringing them food and helping out. I know she is in good hands, I just wish two of those hands were mine.

But, the kids and I prayed this morning for her, and my stepdad is sending me regular updates.

So, thanks again for all of the prayers and kind wishes. They are helping me make it through this morning!

I'm glad your mom has so much support at the hospital, but I know how uneasy you're feeling because you're not right there with them. :grouphug:

I hope you and the kids feel better soon, and I admire you for staying home, rather than going anyway and possibly risking the health of your mom and many other people at the hospital.