Menu

If you have curly/dry/frizzy/fuzzy/kinky hair, do you have a hair product you LOVE?

My 7 yo has nightmare hair. It would be so pretty, but it's SO IMPOSSIBLE. My hair was exactly like young Shirley Temple when I was little and then after having kids it alternates between 2B/3B depending on hair loss from birth & thyroid. My 4 yo has 2C and you could wash it with anything and it's perfect. :glare:

My 7 yo has scalp issues and such incredibly dry frizzy impossible curls. They are all banana curls except where she brushes it or it gets tangled in hair ties. It's more of a 3B and so thick that it usually breaks brushes. I used to have thick hair like that. *sigh* We've tried Mixed Chicks, coconut oil deep conditioning, etc. Just about everything, but I'm seeing new things on here that I think we'll try. Nothing else has.

My 7 yo on the right: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--KVgJIeoZ2w/TkXRm7Tv77I/AAAAAAAAAp8/bIJDceflgMM/s1600/IMG_3697.JPG

My 7 yo has nightmare hair. It would be so pretty, but it's SO IMPOSSIBLE. My hair was exactly like young Shirley Temple when I was little and then after having kids it alternates between 2B/3B depending on hair loss from birth & thyroid. My 4 yo has 2C and you could wash it with anything and it's perfect. :glare:

My 7 yo has scalp issues and such incredibly dry frizzy impossible curls. They are all banana curls except where she brushes it or it gets tangled in hair ties. It's more of a 3B and so thick that it usually breaks brushes. I used to have thick hair like that. *sigh* We've tried Mixed Chicks, coconut oil deep conditioning, etc. Just about everything, but I'm seeing new things on here that I think we'll try. Nothing else has.

My 7 yo on the right: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--KVgJIeoZ2w/TkXRm7Tv77I/AAAAAAAAAp8/bIJDceflgMM/s1600/IMG_3697.JPG

Her hair is amazing! I imagined if I had a daughter her hair would look like that.

I used to think that was my hair until I went no poo. Then all of a sudden I had spiral curls.

Same! For years and years I've always just felt frizzy even though people would describe my hair as "curly," but now if I do no 'poo and gel it while it's still very wet in the shower (and don't rinse it out), then don't touch it too much after I use a cloth diaper to blot it a little bit -- bazoing! Individual spiral curls.

Per Dawn's request -- here are some photos. The first is me about 3 years ago. This was as curly-unfrizzy as it got (but still looks frizzy to me); the second is what I did for several years because I got tired of the frizz; the third is me after a year of no 'poo and right after my first deva cut in August.

post-4372-13535087677907_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535087677997_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535087678139_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535087677907_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535087677997_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535087678139_thumb.jpg

Edited by milovaný

Same! For years and years I've always just felt frizzy even though people would describe my hair as "curly," but now if I do no 'poo and gel it while it's still very wet in the shower (and don't rinse it out), then don't touch it too much after I use a cloth diaper to blot it a little bit -- bazoing! Individual spiral curls.

Per Dawn's request -- here are some photos. The first is me about 3 years ago. This was as curly-unfrizzy as it got (but still looks frizzy to me); the second is what I did for several years because I got tired of the frizz; the third is me after a year of no 'poo and right after my first deva cut in August.

It's so lovely and healthy looking! Great job with the no poo!

I used to think that was my hair until I went no poo. Then all of a sudden I had spiral curls.

No poo was the worst experiment for me ever. I stuck with it faithfully for a few months. Not a pleasant sight at all. My hair didn't get any straighter or curlier. I got horrible dandruff however. Eeew. :glare:

My hair looks just like yours (on a good day!)! No poo did not work for me, though. It left my hair lank and nasty. :tongue_smilie:

Wow. Mine looks about like your first picture. Amd I've tried reverse perms(or relaxing or chemical straightening or whatever it's called), but it just makes my hair sort of wavy and totally damages my hair.

Eta: I have to ask, do you live in a humid or dry climate? How long does it take your hair to dry? I can't stand the wet hair dripping down my back, and it takes a couple of hours to dry (that's when I leave it down--it stays damp all day when I pull it up into a wet ponytail).

No poo was the worst experiment for me ever. I stuck with it faithfully for a few months. Not a pleasant sight at all. My hair didn't get any straighter or curlier. I got horrible dandruff however. Eeew. :glare:

That's what I'm afraid will happen if I quit shampooing every day...

Edited by bonniebeth4

I recently bought (splurged!!) on Pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure I totally love it because I think it flattens my hair a little. I wanted it flattened a little because it had gotten pretty dry a.k.a. frizzy! My very favorite gel is Loreal Melting Gel. It's about $4 at Walmart or Target.

Here is a picture of my hair back in the early summer. It was about shoulder length and in desperate need of a trim. When it's this short, it's just wavy.

post-1032-13535087681996_thumb.jpg

I have weird hair that actually gets a lot curlier as it gets longer. Right now, it's about 4 inches past my shoulders and has turned into spiral curls on the ends. I have to keep it cut in layers so I don't end up with triangle shaped hair. :lol:

And here's a picture of me being a goofball at work one night recently when we were preparing for a power outage. I promise I'm not always so goofy! LOL! This is the only recent picture I have of myself where you can see what my curls look like as they get longer.

post-1032-13535087682264_thumb.jpg

No poo didn't work for me either. I tried it several times, and my hair was just gross. I just stick with only shampooing twice a week or so. Thankfully my hair is pretty forgiving, so on the days I don't shampoo, I just wet it, put a little gel in it, and go. Or throw it up in a messy bun.

I recently bought (splurged!!) on Pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure I totally love it because I think it flattens my hair a little. I wanted it flattened a little because it had gotten pretty dry a.k.a. frizzy! My very favorite gel is Loreal Melting Gel. It's about $4 at Walmart or Target.

Here is a picture of my hair back in the early summer. It was about shoulder length and in desperate need of a trim. When it's this short, it's just wavy.

[ATTACH]10598[/ATTACH]

I have weird hair that actually gets a lot curlier as it gets longer. Right now, it's about 4 inches past my shoulders and has turned into spiral curls on the ends. I have to keep it cut in layers so I don't end up with triangle shaped hair. :lol:

And here's a picture of me being a goofball at work one night recently when we were preparing for a power outage. I promise I'm not always so goofy! LOL! This is the only recent picture I have of myself where you can see what my curls look like as they get longer.

[ATTACH]10599[/ATTACH]

Gosh, you're beautiful, and I want that color!

No poo didn't work for me either. I tried it several times, and my hair was just gross. I just stick with only shampooing twice a week or so. Thankfully my hair is pretty forgiving, so on the days I don't shampoo, I just wet it, put a little gel in it, and go. Or throw it up in a messy bun.

Your hair is gorgeous, Nakia and you are beautiful. :grouphug:

I used to shampoo daily. Then I cut back to a few times a week. Now, I usually shampoo and deep condition once a week. I often wet it in between.

When I shampoo, I have to use conditioner. When I use conditioner, I dislike the hair loss. That, and the fact that I've noticed less frizz and more manageability, are the reasons why I only shampoo once a week.

One other thing that I now love - Jojoba Oil. I use it on my face every morning and then massage my scalp with a very small amount of it. Love the stuff. My mom introduced me to it. I always knew about it, but never paid much attention. So nice on the skin. :D