Menu

I need some sort of guidance

I have a dad who is ex- military, he did two tours in Vietnam. I have a brother set to deploy on Sept. 1.

I have some questions, if anyone has a similar family backround please pm me.

If not I need lots of prayer!

Thanks!

No experience, but I'll pray for you, Heather!! :grouphug:

Well,... my dad did 2 tours in Viet Nam but brother is firmly stateside - he lays tile so no deployment there. Dad also doesn't seem to have any problems from his time there. He doesn't talk about it, but no problems.

FIL was also in Nam. Nothing affects him now, but he did at one time have issues but that was way before dh and I even met.

I don't think I can be of any help besides prayer.

Heather, My dad is retired military (was in Korea and Vietnam) and I do have a brother who is active Air Force and has been deployed with Desert Storm and now this. My dad doesn't have any PTSD symptoms but I might be able to help with some of your questions. Debbie

My dad was in WW2, and in Germany during the Soviet blockade. He was able to retire just as he would have been sent to Viet Nam.

My oldest brother was an Air Force pilot in Viet Nam. He doesn't talk about his experience, but doesn't suffer any PTSD.

My nephew did two tours in Iraq with the Marines. He is out now, and has struggled some, but truly those issues were already there before Iraq. No PTSD from what I've seen and heard. He's a single father and is doing a great job taking care of himself and his sweet baby.

LMK if you want to know anything else.

Maybe PTSD was too strong. I think it falls along the lines of more guilt. He (my dad) is very stressed over my brother going. He went, he keeps saying that my brother is doing his job. My dad would go in heart beat if he could. I think the worst of my fathers's stress was a few years ago when he finally shared everything with us. And with my brother being handed orders this morning it hasn't been easy for him. Also the place and my brothers MOS has changed so that hasn't helped either.

I just don't know what I can do. I can't do alot where I am, but will probably be going home on weekends. My mom can't take it.

Probably sharing way too much and not making a lot of sense. Thank you for your prayers!

I have a dad who is ex- military, he did two tours in Vietnam. I have a brother set to deploy on Sept. 1.

I have some questions, if anyone has a similar family backround please pm me.

If not I need lots of prayer!

Thanks!

:grouphug::grouphug:Heather, I do not have a clue about how to help. My prayers are and will be with you and your family.:grouphug::grouphug:

I have no parental military experience but I am currently an Army wife. I know things have changed a lot even in the time we've been active duty. We've been through 2 combat deployments as a family. Feel free to ask or PM anything you have a question on, I'll do my best to answer.