Menu

Any ideas what this could be? Side pain, maybe related to kidney, maybe not

I have a kidney stone stuck in my ureter. I've been trying to pass it, but it doesn't seem to want to go. It doesn't hurt generally, but I've had two episodes of what probably were the kidney trying to do its job. I'm on Flomax and drinking lots of water.

On Saturday I developed a fever, and on Sunday had more pain and fever, so went to the ER where they said I most likely had a kidney infection and gave me Cipro (OMW, the nausea :(). The day after I was in the ER, I felt much better but still had a mild ache, and the day after that even the mild ache was gone. Yesterday I started having discomfort in my side that feels like a couple of mildly pulled muscles. If I sit still, I don't feel anything, but if I bend or wiggle or tense my stomach, I feel something pressing in the front and/or side.

What the heck could this be? I'm not in pain, but the knowledge that something is going on there is freaking me out completely. I'm envisioning horrible things. My urologist can't see me until Monday morning, so I guess they don't think it's that urgent, but I'm totally :willy_nilly: This is all on my left side, so no gall bladder or appendix or anything else to point to.

Sorry, I just needed to get all that out. If I tell my mom, she'll start panicking too (not helpful), and DH is out of town for a few days. I don't think I'm in imminent danger, but the not knowing is making me nuts :( If anyone brilliant has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

If you got this far, thanks for reading.