Menu

Netflix

Pen

I really haven't caught on to Netflix, but have pretty much exhausted the DVD's at our small local library, and find myself buying a lot of DVD's that are only used once which becomes exorbitant, and I thought Netflix might help.. I have only dial up in general, so cannot stream anything, but gather that some things can be gotten by mail?

How does it work in practice? Has it helped you overall? What are detriments / downsides to know about? Are there a lot of non-fiction selections as well as fiction?

Has anyone else dealt with it with dial up? Just accessing and ordering from some sites is very difficult on dial-up.

I wouldn't do it on dial-up, it'd be too hard/long. You can get plans without using the streaming service. The cost depends on how many DVDs you get out at a time. The site is down or else I'd quote you the prices. When we were a bit richer I had got one DVD per person in my home (three of us) and it was less than twenty dollars a month. That means we could have three DVDs at a time, one for each of us.

Compared to buying DVDs it saved us a lot of money. Our local library literally has one DVD, the rest are VHS.

You can try a free trial. They have DVDs of practically everything. You can go on their website and search DVDs. I think you will be surprised at how much they have. If you try it and don't like it you can easily cancel a subscription. It's very easy and worth the small amount of money it costs, IMHO.

God Bless,

Elise in NC